Computer Blue Screening When I play games, Hasn't occurred until recently!

McChickWhich

Commendable
Mar 28, 2016
Hi, I understand that this issue has been asked and solved multiple times, however, I cannot seem to resolve it.

Over the past 4-5 days, my computer has been experiencing the BSOD when I play games, these games being Borderlands 2 and Dirty Bomb (although these have been the only games I have been playing recently, but I'm sure it will happen with other games). This issue has only arisen in the past few days, when I have downloaded some things and also updated my Win 7 and my drivers, not to mention steam updating itself too. These are all of the things that have occurred recently of which they might contribute to this issue.

I have taken pictures of when it has tabbed me out from playing the game (Borderlands 2 in this case) where it has said the memory was at fault, or something like that. I have tested the memory, moved them around in their DIM slots and stuff like that.

I am very confused as my computer runs fine in casual use i.e. listening to music or just browsing the web, but in games, it runs fine from either 15 mins or even half a day and then it just crashes.

Needless to say, I am very confused as to what to do, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 Blk Ed
GPU: GTX 950 Xtreme Gaming
MOBO: MSI 970A-G43
RAM: 2x4GB Hyper X Fury
SSD (Boot): 240GB Sandisk Pro III
HDD: WD Blue 1TB
PSU: Corsair CX500w

Thanks, Lewis :)

Solution
Look in your eventviewer.
Check back to around when it started and see if you changed anything on your PC on or about that day. If so, undo it and see what happens.
You can enable your dump file and learn how to read it: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1743191/read-dmp-files.html
Run a memory test program if you suspect your memory.

The fact that light use doesn't crash your PC is not that surprising. Stressing a system is more likely to reveal problems. Things heat up, more work is done stressing additional components, more electrical draw, etc.
Look in your eventviewer.
Check back to around when it started and see if you changed anything on your PC on or about that day. If so, undo it and see what happens.
You can enable your dump file and learn how to read it: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1743191/read-dmp-files.html
Run a memory test program if you suspect your memory.

The fact that light use doesn't crash your PC is not that surprising. Stressing a system is more likely to reveal problems. Things heat up, more work is done stressing additional components, more electrical draw, etc.

Solution