Computer boots, but pitch black screen.

Starwop

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
Hey;

Current computer specs:
Motherboard: Ipiel La3
CPU: I actually can't remember atm (I haven't touched it in months).
Power supply: Corsair TX650W
Graphics-card: GeForce GTX 460
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB)
SSD: OCZ Agility 3
Hard disk: I can't quite remember the name, but it's the only thing left from a shop-computer I bought some years ago.

Description:
So on Wednesday my computer suddenly shut down/crashed. When I tried turning it on again none of the fans (CPU fan & GPU fans) were moving (PSU fan was moving).
So it's the motherboard that's the problem, right?

Anyways, I took the current motherboard (P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3) out and replaced it with my old one (Ipiel La3). I then pressed the power button and everything ran as it should.

There is still one problem though, the screen is pitch black. I do believe that the computer is actually running because my SSD light is green and the HDD is moving.

I've tried changing the CMOS battery (+ some other "stupid" stuff), but that didn't help.

I hope somebody can help me, I appreciate your help and time.

Best regards.

- Marcus

Starwop

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

I just tried it, but after a few seconds it just shut down.

Starwop

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

I haven't tried that, but I have tried switching the ram sticks I have now with some old 2 x 4GB ram sticks.

rdc85

Honorable
Did u can get to the bios ?

Try disconnect the HDD/SSD first . see if it can enter the BIOS... (u will not able to enter the OS since the mobo is diffrent, it required to reinstall OS)

Try to check voltage reading in the BIOS....

Starwop

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

I disconnected the HDD & SSD, but the screen was still pitch black :/

Starwop

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012

I checked the cable, but it's still pitch black. The old motherboard was fine when I switched it, can it really have gone bad?