Computer can't detect house wifi

Zack74

Commendable
Feb 6, 2017
So recent;y I restarted my modem because the wifi wasn't working, after i restarted I could finally watch youtube in my phone but when i went on my computer, It can't detect my wifi, however it detected my neigbhor's wifi.
Things I've tried:
Uninstalling and reinstalling wireless drive
Restarting pc and router
Leaving computer off for several hours

I am using my hotspot to use my computer currently so it could actually connect to a network

Solution
To work around the problem go to device manager and set the properties for your usb ports so that can not be powered down. Do the same for your usb wireless device. Then to actually fix the problem, update the bios, then update the motherboard chipset drivers, Sata and usb drivers. Finally, go and update the ethernet driver from the oem chipset website.

You can also start cmd.exe as an admin and run
Powercfg.exe /energy and read the report to see what the problem is.
When that happened to me (I got so fed up having to keep restarting the router to bring the WiFi back), a new router fixed the WiFi problem permanently.

Has to be a top-notch router brand though - - I bought a £160 Billion model 5 years ago & never had any WiFi issues since. (previous one that kept failing on the wireless side was a £70 Netgear only 2 years old).

seems some help pages regarding this router of yours http://setuprouter.com/router/l7-networks/l7-nr-2000/login.htm
I would personally save the configuration file of the router on your pc, reset to factory defaults, restore the defaults and see how it behaves,
also check for updates for firmware for your router, it is important as bug fixes exist.

lastly if you will have the issues, you may consider getting a brand name, like netgear and such company router that support issues by users and have great customer service.

To work around the problem go to device manager and set the properties for your usb ports so that can not be powered down. Do the same for your usb wireless device. Then to actually fix the problem, update the bios, then update the motherboard chipset drivers, Sata and usb drivers. Finally, go and update the ethernet driver from the oem chipset website.

You can also start cmd.exe as an admin and run
Powercfg.exe /energy and read the report to see what the problem is.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS