Computer causing breaker to trip

GamesFall

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016
The power in my room has recently been giving me a good amount of problems. I used to be able to game for hours with 0 trouble. But lately (after no new addition into my room and nothing huge added to the house) my computer will start to randomly trip the breaker to my room. And it is starting to get ridiculous. Sometimes it will be while I am gaming but it is starting to have an effect on anything I do. I am a VFX artist and when I startup After Effects or Premier then i run the risk of the power going out. Originally when this started happening I started to unplug things, but now literally everything is unplugged in my room except my bed pump (I have an air mattress), my alarm clock, various chargers that have nothing plugged in most of the time, and my computer.
The problem first started when I got new light bulbs put into my room, we went from the normal light bulbs over to LED's, which SHOULD be more power efficient, but they caused the power to first start going out, so we took them out. Then But the power continues to go out.
I've run some experiments and have left my computer at home running for several hours throughout the day and it seems that if it is idle with nothing running, it wont trip the breaker.
If I run a game and leave it on the main menu it will sometimes trip, (i left my computer all day and nothing seemed to happen one time while another time it tripped). And while I am gaming it is almost a grantee it will trip.
Similar story with editing softwares, if it is idle no problem, but if I push my computer even a little it will trip.

Please help it is getting to the point of I can't get anything done as my saves are becoming corrupted.

The first step I would take is a brand new quality breaker with the right amperage rating. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Square-D-QO-30-Amp-Two-Pole-Circuit-Breaker-QO230CP/100022140 is a typical 30A breaker.

You are using a surge protector with a grounded plug?

GamesFall

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

I am using just a cable extension, the white things with 8 or so plugs into it, ive swapped it twice with no luck.

Does it have a test switch on there? The surge protector(aka power strip or white thing with 8 plugs)

Can you reduce the load on that breaker? It's either old and needs to be replaced, overloaded or something else is not right. That is where the electrician may be able to help.

Is there anything special about the lights? Dimmable or anything else? Age of electrical system? If you are renting or leasing this may be something for your landlord/property manager. They want to fix this issue. A fire isn't profitable, usually.

Those are just generic power strips? You need to have a quality surge protector in place.

GamesFall

Commendable
Apr 10, 2016

The basement I am in was refurbished last year and the wiring is really new, I just checked and there is a surge protector in place.

You said I don't believe so, if they don't come built in then no.

And now you say they do. I purchased my surge protectors and know what they are capable of. You need to be sure of this.

Was the wiring done by a bonded and insured electrician? I would see if you can talk to that person regarding this issue.

Getting my electricians degree in 3 weeks. Do you know if there's anything else that draws a lot of power in the group behind your rooms breaker switch? Anyway, i assume the original designer didn't think there would be that high of a power draw and used a low amperage or low quality (or both) breaker switch. And if the laws in your country are anything like they're here you'll need to get a licensed electrician to install new one. I'd appreciate If you could tell some info about the switch (amperage/maker) and your system specs (mostly for power draw) i could possibly confirm if the switch is to blame or if there's some kind of a fault in the wiring or possibly some device connected to the same group.