[SOLVED] Computer consistently crashes UNLESS video game is running?

Mar 1, 2020
I know this is a really weird problem, but it has happened too often to not be the case.

About 2 months ago I built a new computer with my dad for PC gaming (I'll include the parts list below). Once it booted up, it kept crashing through the Windows installation. During that period of it crashing, I was able to install steam and download Assassin's Creed Odyssey, which I'd been looking forward to playing for a while. It takes up 51 GBs, but I'll take it. We fixed the issue (not enough voltage for the CPU to run) and it seemed to run ok after that.

Now, here's the issue: my computer WILL crash, guaranteed, UNLESS AC:Odyssey is running. Just open in the background, sitting on my task bar. It will crash when I play Skyrim, Sims, etc, any other game but Odyssey. At this point, I do work/play other games with Odyssey running in the background. It's the only way my comp runs.

Does anyone have advice on this? I'm new to building computers, but I can't find any forum with this issue.
Thank you.

Parts List: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/okapiflorida/saved/2R86RB

Solution
Your linked parts list appears to be "private".

Compare the hardware requirement of AC (not crashing) to the hardware requirements of the games that do crash.

Also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the times of any crashes.

Ralston18

Titan
Your linked parts list appears to be "private".

Compare the hardware requirement of AC (not crashing) to the hardware requirements of the games that do crash.

Also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the times of any crashes.

Solution