[SOLVED] Computer crashes when game starts?

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017
My build:

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-4100 quadcore
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P (AM3+)
GPU: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 1050Ti
12Gb of DDR3 RAM
1Tb SSD (Kingston)
Windows 10 64bit
PSU: A700BR (700W)

My PC crashes when I load up certain games.

I've been playing a lot of kenshi. it was working fine up until a few weeks ago. It loads into the main menu, but when I load a save it immediately hard crashes, my screen changes to a solid colour (pink, green, white etc.). I just got metro exodus and the same thing happened, I can't even start the game or get to the main menu. Games like Minecraft and older RTS games still work though. I've tried reinstalling games and removing mods, Anti-virus scans as well, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'd appreciate some help and pointers as to what's wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the crashes.

Power down, unplug, open the case,

Clean out dust and debris.

Reseat all cards, cables, RAM, jumpers, etc.. Ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the crashes.

Reseat all cards, cables, RAM, jumpers, etc.. Ensure that all are fully and firmly in place.

My psu is a A700BR, the output is 700W, it's about two years old, good condition.

I cleaned and dusted everything just now. Everything is plugged in properly.

I'll look at the event viewer now.

Blackfox2001

Reputable
Jan 6, 2017

The realiablity monitor showed the following errors: 141 (mostly 141), 1a1, 9f, 117.