Question Computer crashes with black screen during gaming, but sound stays on

Ananda Deb

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2014
I get black screen while gaming out of nowhere, but I can hear the banground sound from google chrome fine but the game sound is gone usually. That means the game also crashes. Please help

Here's my specs:

Processor - Intel Core i7-9700K

Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

RAM - Corsair DDR4 3200 Mhz 32GB(4*8) Vengeance LPX

Motherboard -MSI Z390-A PRO (MS-7B98)

SSD -
Crucial BX500 2TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-Inch Internal SSD
Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe

PSU - EVGA 650 GQ 210-GQ-0650-V1 80+ GOLD 650W

OS- Windows 10

Anyone with an answer to as why this happens? And what to do?
I can provide with hwinfo log file during crash but I just don't know how to upload it

Last edited:
Does it happen with all games? You can uninstall the gpu drivers with DDU and install the newest driver for your gpu. Have you manually opened control panel and line by line check for any updates? You can also check your bios for updates along with motherboard chipset drivers from your motherboard makers support page.

Ananda Deb

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2014
Does it happen with all games? You can uninstall the gpu drivers with DDU and install the newest driver for your gpu. Have you manually opened control panel and line by line check for any updates? You can also check your bios for updates along with motherboard chipset drivers from your motherboard makers support page.
yeah all game.
I recently fresh installed gpu drivers and also recently installed bios and chipset drivers. Nothing works.

Ananda Deb

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2014

here is the file

Black screen can be caused by so many things. Hardware / software problems. Could be a failing psu, overheating of motherboard Vrm, overheating of gpu, Malware, a bad stick of ram or even a bad or failing m2 or drive. If you have an extra gpu to use you can rule out your gpu at least.

TRENDING THREADS