[SOLVED] Computer display goes black, mouse and keyboard turn off but pc still runs

Nov 2, 2020
I built a PC earlier this year with the following specs:
-Ryzen 7 2700
-AORUS RX 570 (Now replaced with a Sapphire nitro 570)
-Corsair 16gb ram
-EVGA Supernova 550
-MSI B450 A-Pro Max

My CPU is not overclocked

I've been having some issues with it since the time it was built. While I am using my computer for regular everyday tasks (not gaming), my monitor's display will just go black. The keyboard and mouse will then turn off, but the computer will still keep running. The fans continue to spin.
I've been trying to diagnose this problem ever since i built the pc. I initially replaced the Aorus rx 570 because I thought that was the issue. I also replaced my older PSU with an EVGA Supernova 550 2 months ago. I've also tried updating my GPU drivers to the latest version.
The only thing left for me to replace is the Motherboard and RAM. Before I do that, I was wondering if anyone had any idea what else the issue could be? I'd really prefer not to replace the motherboard..
The problem doesn't really happen when I'm gaming, but more so when Im just browsing on the web and etc. I have to hold down my power switch to turn off the PC and then turn it back on afterwards.
Lately, when I try to shut down my pc normally, instead of shutting down the display will just go blank and the fans will keep running. I have to then force shutdown my PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I built a PC earlier this year with the following specs:
-Ryzen 7 2700
-AORUS RX 570 (Now replaced with a Sapphire nitro 570)
-Corsair 16gb ram
-EVGA Supernova 550
-MSI B450 A-Pro Max

I've been having some issues with it since the time it was built. While I am using my computer for regular everyday tasks (not gaming), my monitor's display will just go black. The keyboard and mouse will then turn off, but the computer will still keep running. The fans continue to spin.
I've been trying to diagnose this problem ever since i built the pc. I initially replaced the Aorus rx 570 because I thought that was the issue. I also replaced my older PSU with an EVGA Supernova 550 2 months ago. I've also tried updating my GPU drivers to the latest version.
The only thing left for me to replace is the Motherboard and RAM. Before I do that, I was wondering if anyone had any idea what else the issue could be? I'd really prefer not to replace the motherboard..
The problem doesn't really happen when I'm gaming, but more so when Im just browsing on the web and etc. I have to hold down my power switch to turn off the PC and then turn it back on afterwards.
Lately, when I try to shut down my pc normally, instead of shutting down the display will just go blank and the fans will keep running. I have to then force shutdown my PC.

Any help would be appreciated.
Did you check settings in the Power saving Plan in windows ?