[SOLVED] Computer does not turn on at mornings!

Sep 25, 2020
Hello guys, this is really odd and Im not sure what could be the problem, any ideas will help me here to know where to look at!
The original problem: I usually left computer turned on almost all day, just turn off on night and again next morning to start working. Until recently, when I turn it on he automatically turn down all power, like 1 sec after turning on for no reason at all. At first I try to open it, check the connections (after nothing wrong and reconnecting some components) then turn it on again. It worked! Ok I though it was some connection issue. But that happen again next day! I sent to a technician to take a look, clean everything and replace the thermal paste (since it was some time I had replaced). When the computer get back, the issue was gone, but the technician did not installed my CPU cooler correctly, he was overheating (but turning on even after a night off). I fix the cooler connection and it worked, but for my surprise the original problem started again the next day!

What is odd that I recognized. Once it turns on, it will not turn down unless I manually turn it down. The problem only happens if I let him turned down for at least 6-10h. It starts working again if I took it off all electricity supply pins for about 30 minutes and try again.
I've talk with some people here, but can't trust on these technicians, since the last one did not even plug the cpu cooler right!

They told me it could be static on my cabinet, or possible the power supply.

Weird thing is that when the cooler of my CPU was not connected, this problem doesnt happen (but the cpu overheared with small usage).

So I would like to see another opinions, could it be the power supply? the cpu cooler? should I just take off all the electricity pins over night?

My computer is:
i7-7700 the cooler is original intel
ram 16gb ddr4 2400h
gtx 1070
power supply thermaltake 500w
moba H110M-CS

Thanks, any opinions will be helpful

Solution
Yeah, it is the same temperature from the PSU, CPU, and cabinet at all, its ambient temperature.
Not just when turning on but all the time it never heats up (the only heating up on my computer happened just when I got back from the technician that didn't connect the CPU cooler correctly so the CPU was heating up, and CPU cooler running at full speed all the time, but PSU didn't heat)
Okay, so first, I would find a different technician, as I would never trust a technician who doesn't completely put my computer back together. Once you find a good technician, give it to him and have him test it to see what is wrong with it. If he says it is the power supply, make sure that he will put a good one inside, like an corsair PSU, or a...

B!gMeme

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020
What I think happened is that your CPU was lowering it's speed to prevent heat damage because of the cooler which probably lowered the CPU's energy usage, which made the power supply do less work.

Reactions: Stricks1
Sep 25, 2020
thanks for all inputs here, but you know the possible reason why it works normally after unplugging the electricity for 30minutes? What is the technical difference for the power supply doing that? Thanks again guys!

B!gMeme

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020
thanks for all inputs here, but you know the possible reason why it works normally after unplugging the electricity for 30minutes? What is the technical difference for the power supply doing that? Thanks again guys!
Probably because you are giving your power supply a break. All of the things that your computer is doing are signs that your power supply is dying. Once your power supply dies, it can destroy the other parts inside your computer. It is best to take your computer to the technician and have him put a newer and better power supply inside. Also, how old is your computer?

Sep 25, 2020
Probably because you are giving your power supply a break. All of the things that your computer is doing are signs that your power supply is dying. Once your power supply dies, it can destroy the other parts inside your computer. It is best to take your computer to the technician and have him put a newer and better power supply inside. Also, how old is your computer?

My computer has 3 years.
So when the computer is turned off but is still plugged on electricity the PSU is not having a break? Thanks I'll look to change the PSU. But its best for the new one, to keep unplugged when the computer is turned off? What is the best usage in the long term for it? Because this one I had plugged like 90%+ of time

Last edited:

B!gMeme

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020
My computer has 3 years.
So when the computer is turned off but is still plugged on electricity the PSU is not having a break? Thanks I'll look to change the PSU. But its best for the new one, to keep unplugged when the computer is turned off? What is the best usage in the long term for it?
When the computer is turned off but plugged in, there is still power flowing though the PSU, and it has to regulate that. You should not have to unplug your computer when it is turned off. A healthy power supply should be fine with being plugged in all of the time. When you turn your computer on, feel the air coming out of the back of the computer. Is the air hot or cold? If your power supply is also putting air out of the back, is it the same temperature as the lower fan hole?

Sep 25, 2020
When the computer is turned off but plugged in, there is still power flowing though the PSU, and it has to regulate that. You should not have to unplug your computer when it is turned off. A healthy power supply should be fine with being plugged in all of the time. When you turn your computer on, feel the air coming out of the back of the computer. Is the air hot or cold? If your power supply is also putting air out of the back, is it the same temperature as the lower fan hole?

Yeah, it is the same temperature from the PSU, CPU, and cabinet at all, its ambient temperature.
Not just when turning on but all the time it never heats up (the only heating up on my computer happened just when I got back from the technician that didn't connect the CPU cooler correctly so the CPU was heating up, and CPU cooler running at full speed all the time, but PSU didn't heat)

B!gMeme

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020
Okay, so first, I would find a different technician, as I would never trust a technician who doesn't completely put my computer back together. Once you find a good technician, give it to him and have him test it to see what is wrong with it. If he says it is the power supply, make sure that he will put a good one inside, like an corsair PSU, or a seasonic PSU, with at least 5 year warranty on the psu.

Solution
Sep 25, 2020
Some last question if you could also tell me because I'm a total layman on this.
Shouldn't the PSU get trouble after working with the computer on? Because once it is on if I don't turn it off it can go on days without any signs of a problem.
When turning on it uses somewhat more power to turn on the components? It is some kind of security that it refuses to turn on at the beginning since it's just like a second that it blinks the lights and refuses to turn on?

Thanks man for all the time and information you are providing me.
It is being great to me to know this, especially because my PSU have 5y warranty so I would go after it

B!gMeme

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020
Some last question if you could also tell me because I'm a total layman on this.
Shouldn't the PSU get trouble after working with the computer on? Because once it is on if I don't turn it off it can go on days without any signs of a problem.
When turning on it uses somewhat more power to turn on the components? It is some kind of security that it refuses to turn on at the beginning since it's just like a second that it blinks the lights and refuses to turn on?

It is being great to me to know this, especially because my PSU have 5y warranty so I would go after it
Turning on the system gives full power draw from all of the components. Since your PSU has a 5 year warranty and your system is 3 years old, definitely call the makers of the PSU and see if they can give you a new one. They may want information from your technician's testing.

B!gMeme

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020

Happy to help :)

Sep 25, 2020
Really appreciate man!
Yeah the PSU has the 80 plus certificate and since I didn't change any components recently that shouldn't happen. I'll find another technician and ask to make the tests on the PSU.

The problem is because I recently moved didn't know any trustworthy technicians here, got an indication from some relatives that live here, and went blindly there. Huge mistake lol.

Reactions: B!gMeme

B!gMeme

Commendable
Sep 14, 2020
Really appreciate man!
Yeah the PSU has the 80 plus certificate and since I didn't change any components recently that shouldn't happen. I'll find another technician and ask to make the tests on the PSU.

The problem is because I recently moved didn't know any trustworthy technicians here, got an indication from some relatives that live here, and went blindly there. Huge mistake lol.
You're welcome