Computer fails to display after brief cleaning -Help!

House_Atreides

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
*Sorry if this is in the wrong section, this is my first post on these forums.

A little bit of background info; I built this PC back in June (first PC built) and it has worked perfectly since then. Here's a brief spec list.
Intel e8400
Asus p5q pro
4gb OCZ 1066 DDR2
Asus EAH4850

On Saturday I figured it would be a good idea to clean it out a little bit, since I hadn't done that in a while. I unplugged everything, popped it up on my bed, and began to clean. All I really did was wipe around all the fan intakes on my case, as well as around where the PCI cards stick out on the back. There was a fair amount of dust on the outside, so I thought it would be a good idea to check inside as well. I took the side off, poked around a little, didn't see any dust, closed it back up and proceeded to plug it in.

Now I can't get the computer to display anything, monitors only remain on standby. I've tried both of my two monitors I use (one VGA and one DVI) to no avail. I can see all the fans are spinning inside, including the one on the GPU. I'm really lost as to what to do, I've tried what few things I could think of (re-seating card, etc). Is it possible I killed it with static? I was terrified of this putting it together, but my friend said not to worry about it. I will be so mad at myself if I did break it, times are tough on my wallet now and I won't be able to afford a card comparable to my 4850 for quite a while.

What did I do ? :fou: