khauamx5

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020
Hi, so I am building a custom machine for game development and gaming mostly and I am between getting a triple 24 inch monitor setup with a ryzen 7 2700 and a rtx 2080 super or a single ultrawide 34 inch monitor with a ryzen 9 3900x and the rtx 2080 super, I would like to know if the ryzen 7 2700 is too much of a bottleneck for the rtx 2080 super or I could get by with these specs for my goals, so my question is would the ryzen 7 2700 be fine with the rtx 2080 super for game development software and gaming mostly? I would prefer to stick to the triple monitor setup but if its not possible I will go with the ultrawide one and the better cpu.
any help is welcomed, thank you for reading so far.

Solution
personally, im not into ultrawide, also, ultrawide is not the same amount of screen as 3 monitors.
3 monitors is much more, unless you are talking about those giant 32:9 monitors. which are cool as a party trick sure, but i personally think having 3 monitors gives you more control and usability, not to mention horrible horrible compatability with games and websites.

anyway, the 2700 wont be a bottleneck to the 2080 super, but it will be slower in stuff like rendering 3d modeling as those use the cpu much more than gaming.
those 4 extra, not to mention faster cores are much better, but for gaming that wouldnt matter a whole lot.

you could also go for 2 monitors (still more screen than 1 ultrawide, but i digress)
and the 3900X or a...
personally, im not into ultrawide, also, ultrawide is not the same amount of screen as 3 monitors.
3 monitors is much more, unless you are talking about those giant 32:9 monitors. which are cool as a party trick sure, but i personally think having 3 monitors gives you more control and usability, not to mention horrible horrible compatability with games and websites.

anyway, the 2700 wont be a bottleneck to the 2080 super, but it will be slower in stuff like rendering 3d modeling as those use the cpu much more than gaming.
those 4 extra, not to mention faster cores are much better, but for gaming that wouldnt matter a whole lot.

you could also go for 2 monitors (still more screen than 1 ultrawide, but i digress)
and the 3900X or a 3700X which is still better then the 2700 by alot.

Reactions: khauamx5
Solution

khauamx5

Reputable
Apr 7, 2020

and the 3900X or a 3700X which is still better then the 2700 by alot.

I think I might go with dual screen monitors and the 3900x maybe, thanks, I was mostly in doubt if the 2700 would be a bottleneck, but this calms me down.