[SOLVED] Computer Freezes after new cpu installation

Jun 28, 2020
I just upgraded my cpu and cooler from an i5 9400f to a 17 9700k. Previous to my upgrade, everything worked fine, I just wanted to get some better performance out of my build. After installing the new cpu, I experienced some problems with my disks, so I swapped back my old cpu, and I decided to completely reset my pc and wipe all my disks. After I had reset everything, I got windows loaded again, and everything was working fine so I swapped my new cpu back in. This is where my problem is.

When I push the power button, everything starts up like it should, but at some point it randomly freezes. It has frozen anytime between when I first try to boot windows, and after I type my pin in. I am yet to get to my desk top. I have tried going into bios and reseting to default, I tried turning off fast boot in bios, I even tried with my old cpu again, and that worked. But every time with my new cpu, the computer freezes.

After spending over 2 days upgrading 1 part, I am starting to loose hope.

Current Setup:
MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z390 - H
GPU: EVGA RTX 2060 XC Ultra
CPU: i7 9700k
Ram: 32gb DDR4 3200
Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum

how would I reinstall windows without access to anything but bios?
You will need some kind of bootable media, DVD and reader, USB, etc.

After I had reset everything, I got windows loaded again, and everything was working fine so I swapped my new cpu back in.

Whatever you used to reload Windows previously should work.

Solution