Question Computer freezes completely whenever i try and load a game

Jul 5, 2022
My computer fully freezes whenever I try and load a game up. I assume that it is a memory problem so I bought new ram and it didn't seem to do anything. I'm stuck and I need help

Jul 5, 2022
Let's get a full list of specs, including exact power supply. How long has this been going on?
Cpu: ryzen 7 2700x
Gpu: gtx 1080 ti
Ram: 2x16 ddr4 Corsair vengeance LPX sticks
MB: Asus crosshair VI hero
Power supply: thermaltake smart M850W 80plus bronze
#1 HDD 2TB
#2 HDD 5TB
#3SSD 500GB

DSzymborski

Titan
Do you have another PSU you can test? This isn't a bad PSU for a Thermaltake one, but freezes upon a sudden power draw (which starting a game can do) can be power related. Have you tried running OCCT? It would be useful to see if this is a game related thing (that could be drive related if the games are on a drive of their own) or a generalized issue.

Jul 5, 2022
A couple of my friends kept recommending me to reinstall windows for a clean slate. Because we've done a memtest we've done a chkdsk. Still left with no answers

Jul 5, 2022
Do you have another PSU you can test? This isn't a bad PSU for a Thermaltake one, but freezes upon a sudden power draw (which starting a game can do) can be power related. Have you tried running OCCT? It would be useful to see if this is a game related thing (that could be drive related if the games are on a drive of their own) or a generalized issue.
Im currently doing the OCCT as we speak