[SOLVED] Computer glitched/froze and now won't post

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
I came back after ca. a week absence and plugged in, turned on my PC and it was working fine, then suddenly after a couple of minutes (not sure exactly how many, maybe around 10 minutes) it froze where one screen glitched and the other just froze and this loud sound was repeating. I turned off the PC and tried to power it on again, got the solid red DRAM LED on asus z170 pro gaming. I tried doing the CLR RTC, took out the MOBO battery for 10 minutes, put it back in, nothing, tried changing which slot the RAM is in.. nothing, an IT person suggested my RAM might be dead but I am not sure and don't have an opportunity to test it right now on another system, I will buy new RAM on monday and see if that works, until then do you have any ideas on how I might be able to fix this?

Specs:
Asus z170 pro gaming
8 gb 2133 mhz hyperx fury
i7 6700k
1060 xtreme gaming 6gb gigabyte
2x WD 7.2k 1tb blue
kingston ssd
fractal design define r5
750 gold EVGA

Thank you in advance.

Solution
I've tested the RAM on another computer and it is indeed dead, good to hear at the least there is nothing wrong with other parts of my PC! (that I know of, and most likely).
D

Deleted member 14196

It’s either bad Ram or bent pins on the CPU according to other articles that I’ve read about this motherboard

Erothes

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
I've tested the RAM on another computer and it is indeed dead, good to hear at the least there is nothing wrong with other parts of my PC! (that I know of, and most likely).

Solution