Oct 8, 2023
Hey everyone, for the past couple of months ive been having an issue where upon launching the division 2 my entire computer basically 'bricks itself' and is only recovered after cutting power. Have had similar problems with other games that are running on Dx11/12. When launching Overwatch I come across a similar problem, however it eventually does properly crash and reports back a GPU driver issue. I've tried Both the most recent drivers available as well as trying multiple older drivers that i remember properly working. At first I believed it to be bad Ram but after running a test via memtest86 it came back with zero issues after 20hrs. Tried swapping out the GPU thinking something may be bad there and throughout had the exact same issues across the board. also tried an alternative psu and at first resolved the division 2 issue but after a reboot have not been able to replicate the results. Other issues ive noted are while testing each ram stick on their own 3 of the 4 cause the pc to boot loop and never post. The one stick that does boot maintains to experience all issues mentioned previously even on its own.

side note: may be important but should mention that its a full custom water-cooling loop

part list
CPU: i9-12900ks
GPU: RTX 3090 Founders Edition
RAM: Corsair vengeance DDR5 5600MHz 32GB x 4
psu(s): EVGA 1600 P+ (main) Corsair HX750 (second psu tested)
Motherboard: msi mpg z690 carbon ek x
windows 11

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Is Event Viewer or Reliability History showing anything useful?

Might be worthwhile to try running sfc/DISM.

D2 has been plagued with crashing issues pretty much since it has been around. (cannot recall a whole system freeze issue). It may be worthwhile to have the launcher (I assume Ubisoft) do the file integrity check after trying the above.

Oct 8, 2023
Is Event Viewer or Reliability History showing anything useful?

Might be worthwhile to try running sfc/DISM.

D2 has been plagued with crashing issues pretty much since it has been around. (cannot recall a whole system freeze issue). It may be worthwhile to have the launcher (I assume Ubisoft) do the file integrity check after trying the above.
Nothing regarding division 2 is being shown in either event viewer or reliability history/

sfc/DISM also didnt seem to fix anything, should also mention that my current build of windows is a new instillation and my previous install had the same issue as i tried to reinstall to see if that had solved anything.

was hopeful for the file integrity check since it did say there was some file issues, but nothing has changed since as well as after a fresh install of the game.