Question Computer heats up really quickly and the CPU (i think) starts making a ton of noise when running certain apps / games ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bittex

Reputable
Aug 8, 2019
Hello, recently i noticed that when running certain games or apps my computer would make a lot more noise and start heating up a bit. It wasn't that much of a problem so i just assumed it's working a bit more than it could or maybe just a little bit of dust caught in my parts. I also noticed it may have something to do with the amount of memory used when i took a look at the task manager, but i also noticed that some games will take more memory than others but they won't produce the issue. It wasn't until yesterday that i was running a specific game and slightly more heavy than most games i play called "Cult of the Lamb" (mentioning the name for whatever reason it have to do with) and my computer turned into a racing car, i mean it was making a TON of noise and it was so hot, it would stop doing it when i minimized the game but i didn't want it to continue at all so i shut the game down and didn't open it since. I don't want my computer to get damaged as i don't wanna replace it soon and it's not really old.
I would like to know what could be the cause of this issue? I should emphasis that the computer heats up REALLY quickly, so i don't think it's really a cooling issue but i'm not an expert so i'm open minded...

My specs:

ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
Operating SystemWindows 10 64-bit
RAM16 GB

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You're right on the DIMM slots. Looking at the picture before it looked like they were in the 1st and 3rd slots, so my bad on that one. I should have enlarged the image.
Had that too, did indeed have to enlarge the picture to see it clearly.

admittedly case can take 3 x 120mm in front so that would work too. 3 intake, 2 exhaust
Was thinking of this with those 5 fans. Wonder if the fan that is in the case right now can be freed up if he gives it a good clean, also should check if it is connected. Whole thing for that matter should be cleaned thouroughly.

Colif

Win 11 Master
The little diagram to bottom left of memory slots also shows its in the right channel. I never noticed that before, I can see my motherboard clearer in his photos than I can here. His gpu must be thinner than my 2070 Super as I can't see as much of the fan cover under the GPU (covers south bridge), he can see part of the logo. I can't see any of that.
He appears to have a Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, its almost same board as I have. It doesn't make any difference, I just noticed it was missing writing mine had. So I dug further.