Computer keeps freezing

infectiia

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
my computer keeps freezing up, its been doing it a while, been in the shop, had a new motherboard, processor, graphics card, ram, lots of other bits. The shop said he couldnt find anything in the error log, it kind of just freezes and makes a buzzing noise, and i have to restart it with the tower button. It wasnt too bad when it came out the shop, but now its doing it again, mebbe every half hour or so, sometimes less. Cant seem to stay on long enough to complete a thorough virus scan.
Sometimes it just reboots itself randomly and sometimes its the full freeze.
I did go into the windows settings and uncheck the box that stops it rebooting for minor things, so its not that..

Any advice would be appreciated!

infectiia

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
thanks for the quick reply, its just got a new power supply in, it was doing this before the new one, how do i get a full list of my specs please? the new power supply is a ace ATX 750w ac230v,
ive just been looking at the event log, and while it makes no sense to me, i noticed something that is coming up the same number of times as the reboots, so maybe thats the issue? but i have no idea what it is, heres a pic of the screen http://gyazo.com/3601baaad34a4f6ad3b020401a838f98 its called WMI? and its went off 17 times the same as the freezes today

infectiia

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
its a bit of long story, i bought a pc, it needed ram, but couldnt take more than 4 cos it was on windows 32, so i put it in the shop, he recommended lots of upgrades, almost resulting in a new pc, new mother board, new windows 64, new ram, new graphics, etc etc and after 10 months it started to overheat, tried to take it back to original shop but it had closed down, their sister shop in next town refused to deal with it, so went to a new place, well recommended where i live, and he done some work in december, new graphics card with a fan on and new power supply, id have to check back in paperwork for all the details, so the pc is a bit of a mish mash i guess

PapaWood

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
That error happened at the same time as it shuts down?

That's a scary story on how the PC of yours came to life, that power supply is scary on its own. Do you have any friends that might let you use there PS as a test or anything?

infectiia

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
not really, i could just put it in the shop and get another one i guess, i did get a windows message a long time ago about power supply but it was just the one and never happened again so i just dismissed it as a one off.

CPU: AMD A6-6400K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (3919.56 MHz)
Memory: 8133 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0010.1280

infectiia

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
i think the error is happening as it shuts down, they have the same numbers on the log, 2 and 17 so i assume they are happening simultaneously, i checked the error 41 and thats for an unsafe shut down? so i guess thats when it freezes and i have to turn it off by the button. maybe the WMI is causing the fault, and the issue 41 is the restart.

PapaWood

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
yeah I hear you, I've had the same thing, just a really old 750W go bad, it made a whining noise right before it died. I could move the mouse and hear it. i feel confident that will help.

What kind of temps are you seeing for the CPU?

infectiia

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
http://gyazo.com/cd3c06d0ebe0b05901fcd11fa3d0316f this is a screen shot of the temps and specs from the asus thing

OMG thankyou so much for that link, this is the info for my power supply, i guess the shop was trying to fob me off with his crap stock, what he couldnt sell to young gamers who know their stuff. Ill be going to the shop on tuesday and having words! not impressed, he told me it was a good supply!

Tier Five - Replace immediately. These units are NOT recommended for any system, no matter the purpose. Reference to higher tiered models for a better and potentially money-saving unit

Artic / Ace (They're the same company)

PapaWood

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
That Processor over clocked? at stock settings does it do the same thing? 3.9Ghz is what its default clock should be, 4.1 on that last picture though which might be fine with a healthy strong PSU

I'm glad that the list had it on there, I should of checked myself, that's a big red flag right there :)

infectiia

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
umm i really dont know about the overclocking thing, its got an asus thing on the pc but i dont know how to use it so i dont touch it really, i only play second life, and usual browsing, watching netflix etc.

it hasnt went off in over half an hour, lol i might get my scan done yet! :D