Question Computer Keeps Turning Off Whenever A Game Is Running

Jun 15, 2020
Going to do a copy and paste from the (quite inactive) Windows forums, hopefully this has everything needed.

For some reason starting two nights ago (6/13/2020) I ran into an issue where any time I booted a game and played it, my computer would suddenly shut down. The time period between boot and shutoff is completely inconsistent, and reinstalling my graphics card drivers seem to not help either. The only other abnormal behavior occurring is that for some reason, plugging in my Xbox One controller also makes it shut off. I've tried updating all drivers relevant to the presumed problem (such as processors, graphics cards, USBs, etc.) yet I've made no progress in stopping this issue. Any time I think I've finally fixed it, it just turns out it was taking longer than normal to shut off. The only other possibly relevant thing is that yesterday we had a small power surge that led to us having to flip a few fuses. My computer turned off from it, like all things in my room, but it not only is plugged into a power strip that has surge protection, the PSU also does so I'm not sure this is the cause especially since the power off also happened the night before and also there was no concerning noises or anything that could hint at the PSU getting damaged.

Attempted Fixes:
  • Turning off Fast Boot
  • Adjusting Hard Disk turn off time to "Never"
  • Adjusting minimum processor state to 0
  • Clean installing graphics card drivers
  • Making sure my PSU is plugged in properly
  • Changing power plan from high performance to balanced
  • Uninstalling June windows updates (I can't uninstall KB4556799 because of an error)
  • Running a malwarebytes scan
  • Running a disk check
  • Verifying system integrity
  • Checking for high CPU temperature (it only hit 45C max)
Specs:
  • GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card
  • Nvidia Driver version 446.14
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz processor
  • 15.96 GB RAM
  • 1920 x 1080, 60Gz Monitor
  • Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 PSU
Update 1: While typing out my specs, my monitor began occasionally flashing black. It COULD be because GeForce experience is open, but I'm not sure.
Update 2: Flickering hasn't happened since I closed GeForce experience, but there's still anomalous things happening like video audio stopping for a bit and weird stutters while opening folders. Very uncommon though.

Jun 15, 2020
I have some links that display the kernel error and such that popped up, but I guess I can't post them. I'm not sure how to go about showing that data now.

Jun 16, 2020
Going to do a copy and paste from the (quite inactive) Windows forums, hopefully this has everything needed.

For some reason starting two nights ago (6/13/2020) I ran into an issue where any time I booted a game and played it, my computer would suddenly shut down. The time period between boot and shutoff is completely inconsistent, and reinstalling my graphics card drivers seem to not help either. The only other abnormal behavior occurring is that for some reason, plugging in my Xbox One controller also makes it shut off. I've tried updating all drivers relevant to the presumed problem (such as processors, graphics cards, USBs, etc.) yet I've made no progress in stopping this issue. Any time I think I've finally fixed it, it just turns out it was taking longer than normal to shut off. The only other possibly relevant thing is that yesterday we had a small power surge that led to us having to flip a few fuses. My computer turned off from it, like all things in my room, but it not only is plugged into a power strip that has surge protection, the PSU also does so I'm not sure this is the cause especially since the power off also happened the night before and also there was no concerning noises or anything that could hint at the PSU getting damaged.

Attempted Fixes:
  • Turning off Fast Boot
  • Adjusting Hard Disk turn off time to "Never"
  • Adjusting minimum processor state to 0
  • Clean installing graphics card drivers
  • Making sure my PSU is plugged in properly
  • Changing power plan from high performance to balanced
  • Uninstalling June windows updates (I can't uninstall KB4556799 because of an error)
  • Running a malwarebytes scan
  • Running a disk check
  • Verifying system integrity
  • Checking for high CPU temperature (it only hit 45C max)
Specs:
  • GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card
  • Nvidia Driver version 446.14
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz processor
  • 15.96 GB RAM
  • 1920 x 1080, 60Gz Monitor
  • Cooler Master MWE Gold 750 PSU
Update 1: While typing out my specs, my monitor began occasionally flashing black. It COULD be because GeForce experience is open, but I'm not sure.
Update 2: Flickering hasn't happened since I closed GeForce experience, but there's still anomalous things happening like video audio stopping for a bit and weird stutters while opening folders. Very uncommon though.
I have some links that display the kernel error and such that popped up, but I guess I can't post them. I'm not sure how to go about showing that data now.
I have the same issue i just ordered a new psu to see if that works. but similar to you, mine started when my power shut off and hasn’t worked since then. it’s been months. i’ll let you know if the psu fixes the problem or not brother.