Question Computer lags regularly when restarting and stops after restarting again.

TripleD777Gamer

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2015
Hello! First of all, english is not my native language so this could be really bad written.
I wanted to ask here because it is kinda hard to find solutions of what I am experiencing with my computer (W10),
Since a couple months ago, when I turn on my computer it often works like a charm but in very specific apps, it is lagging at a very regular rhythm, its like exactly every second. I have find it lagging on some random games, on Minecraft and the elgato capture software. I have checked drivers, updates, RAM timings; cpu, gpu and drive usage; tested hard drives and I just can't find what's the issue. Even did the chkdsk cleanup and restore, and searched for virus.
The only thing that solves it every time that it starts lagging is restarting the computer. But if I restart again or turn off/on 1 of every 2 or 3 times, it comes back lagging, always in the same "rhythm".
Also, it doesn't start lagging with usage, it just lags or not.

Ralston18

Titan
Your English is fine.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

What "specific apps" cause the problem?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

Start the tool as soon as the computer is started. Watch happens and changes when lagging begins.

= = = =

You can also look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both may report some error codes, warnings, or even informational events in a pattern that matches the rhythm.

Reliability History presents a timeline format that may be quite revealing and actually show some related pattern.

Watch for some app or utility launching and running in the background either via Task Manager or Task Scheduler.

Especially if you have downloaded any game related add-on's etc..