[SOLVED] Computer not reading Ethernet.

Jul 28, 2021
So about a week ago I was playing games using my ethernet cable perfectly fine no problems. And then here these past couple days I’ve been on vacation and when I came back from vacation my computer is not wanting to read my ethernet cable. I assumed the ethernet cable may have been broken so I bought a new one and this new one is having the same issue. I was still getting the ethernet cable may be not plugged in or broken message, whenever I would troubleshoot. I’ve tried every single thing I could think of and researched involving my computers drivers. If someone can please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Try these troubleshooters:
Press Windows key + I to open Settings then click on the Network & Internet.
  • From the left panel menu click on "Status".
  • Under Status scroll down to bottom and click on Network reset.
  • Then on the Network reset page, click on "Reset now" button.

If it does not work, Enable Ethernet Connection. Follow these steps.

• Press Windows Key + R then type ncpa.cpl and hit enter to open Network Connections.
  • Right click on Ethernet connection and select "Enable".

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Does your computer happen to be laptop and did you take the laptop with you on vacation? Someplace where you connected to other networks.

Are other computers at home able to connect to the network?

Are other computers at home able to connect to the internet?

Does your Ethernet cable connect directly to the router or does it connect to a wall jack, a switch, or perhaps an Access Point.

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router?

You will need help from that person.

Try these troubleshooters:
Press Windows key + I to open Settings then click on the Network & Internet.
  • From the left panel menu click on "Status".
  • Under Status scroll down to bottom and click on Network reset.
  • Then on the Network reset page, click on "Reset now" button.

If it does not work, Enable Ethernet Connection. Follow these steps.

• Press Windows Key + R then type ncpa.cpl and hit enter to open Network Connections.
  • Right click on Ethernet connection and select "Enable".

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution
Jul 28, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Does your computer happen to be laptop and did you take the laptop with you on vacation? Someplace where you connected to other networks.

Are other computers at home able to connect to the network?

Are other computers at home able to connect to the internet?

Does your Ethernet cable connect directly to the router or does it connect to a wall jack, a switch, or perhaps an Access Point.

Make and model router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide some clue. Who has full admin rights to the router?

You will need help from that person.
[/QUOTE

I have a custom build gaming pc. I’ve tested my Ethernet connection with my Xbox and it work completely fine.
My motherboard is a X570 AORUS master wifi

Blackink

Distinguished
I would plug the Ethernet cable directly into the modem, restart the modem, and see if you have Internet then. You may have to restart your computer also.
If you do have Internet then, the router is probably the problem.