Computer not starting with 8GB/more than 2 sticks of ram vs 4GB (WORKS) PLEASE HELP!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Hello all,

I have a huge issue that I need help rapping my head around. I am so frustrated, because I just bought new ram for my PC and ever since I have added it in my PC crashes.

You might be wanting some system specs at this point, here they are:

CPU: AMD Phenom ii X4 965 3.4gHZ BE

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 750ti FTW

HDD: 500gb

Power Supply: 650W

RAM: 8GB

------------------------------------
The issue I have having is this, I just bought new ram and I added it in so I can make my previous 4GB RAM to be 8GB RAM, but the problem is when I add the new 2x2gb ram sticks, I crash before windows even loads, sometimes after it loads and in game all the time.

But what I am confused about is, I have 2x2GB sticks in now, plus the 2 new ones to make 8GB, but the new ones I bought are the exact same RAM sticks, so I know it's not a RAM problem, the motherboard I am using I looked up and supports up to 4 slots and a total of 16,000 MB or 16GB.

Please help me, I tried clearing CMOS, changing RAM Timing, (not voltage as I don't want my system to show no display again,) and I even re-installed my OS.

BTW: I have a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS.

PLEASE HELP!!!

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

My drivers were wayyyyyy out of date! I had 322.something and I needed 355.something, so I appreciate that, I am going to launch CS:GO, (the one that crashes really soon,) and see how long I can get it running, if it runs for around 10 minutes or more then I'll check back and confirm it's working.

AaronNazzy1

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015

Ok so I played CS:GO and it worked for about 10 minutes or so and as I am about to leave, the game froze, but only the game, the PC was fine, I pressed CTRL + ALT + DELETE and I closed it, said the game was not responding, so I think I fixed the issue with my PC Crashing, but I still have issues with the games crashing?

Reyaz123

Admirable
Alright, so the PC crash is gone but the game continues to crash

If you can, reinstall the game or try playing on "low graphic settings" and let me know how that goes

Another error log in event viewer would probably show up somewhere regarding the game

Edit: Either under "Windows logs" or "Application and service logs"