Question Computer power's on, GPU Does not.

Mar 21, 2023
Hello. I resell graphic's cards to get a bit of cash on the side. Recently I imported a dell gtx 1070 from a pc part store on ebay.

When I installed the GPU nothing happened, The fan spun for a milisecond and then it just stood there in silence, no heat, no display, nothing. The monitor doesn't seem to react no matter what i plug in(DP, HDMI), it says no display and that's about it.

I've tested multiple PCIE slots, nothing happened. I personally own a gtx 1080, so obviously my psu has sufficient power for a dell 1070.

I never had an issue where a gpu just does nothing. Boop, it's off.

Any tips on what to do? Is it completely dead or is there hope?

P.S
My motherboard (ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F) displays white LED, which infact refers to a GPU issue.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2023
If so, you may want to request a RMA from the seller.

Unfortunately since i'm located in a different country and i used a freight forwarder, that does not seem to be possible.

Thermal shutdown perhaps?

What about new thermal paste or pads?

Should i replace it? The card itself seems to be in good physical shape. no thermal leak's on the board, the IO shield is clean, even the plastic shroud or whatever it's called has no scratches or anything. It literally looks barely used.
But of course i have no idea how it looks inside since i haven't taken it apart.