Question Computer randomly makes all monitors go black and case fans spin at maximum speed ?

lordmoose15

Reputable
Dec 27, 2018
So, I am having an issue with my gaming computer. It will be running just fine, but will at certain times make all of my three monitors go black, and the fans inside of my PC will spin at max speed. I am still able to hear all sounds of whatever is playing on my desktop, but I have no idea what could be causing it. My first determination of what it could be was CPU thermal throttling, so I took my cooler off and re-thermal pasted just for good measure, did not fix the issue. I have run disk checks on my command prompt to see if there are any fatal disk errors, it doesn't seem to have any errors whatsoever. Looking at my Reliability Monitor, the only thing consistent that takes place immediately before the crashes are that "Desktop Window Manager" stops working, and then Windows immediately is improperly shut down after. Any ideas of what this could be?

Did you run this RAM configuration long before this problem appeared?
Pushing 32 GB ram to 3200 MT/S on a B450 mobo and a Ryzen 7 2700 is pretty hard .
Did you try to decrease the speed / disable XMP just to see what happens with you problem

lordmoose15

Reputable
Dec 27, 2018
Did you run this RAM configuration long before this problem appeared?
Pushing 32 GB ram to 3200 MT/S on a B450 mobo and a Ryzen 7 2700 is pretty hard .
Did you try to decrease the speed / disable XMP just to see what happens with you problem
Yes, this RAM configuration had been used for probably 8-10 months prior to the issue starting.