Question Computer randomly restarting without any hardware changes

Evilbookworm

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
So about a week or so ago my computer randomly just died and restarted. No blue screen, no warning, just powered off then on again instantly, booted up and everything. Was playing My Time at Portia at the moment, had alt-tabbed out to look at something. Since then it's done it a couple times while playing and appears to be doing so at night as well since I get up and the computer seems to have rebooted. I had one bluescreen about 3 weeks ago but I'm unsure it's related. It started around the same time I started playing the game, but since it has happened when the game wasn't running I'm unsure there is a connection. This PC was built November 2018, Geforce 1060, Ryzen 5 2600, MS-7a38 system model? (been a while, I can track down my mobo information if I need to.) I think it's the power supply, since it's old. (over 5 years.) I had to use the old when when I built the new computer since the new one I bought didn't work at all. (maybe I installed it incorrectly, but the old one powered on fine.) Is there any way I can tell if it's a power supply issue? I've already checked CPU temp and that seems fine. no spikes, even when playing. Also, this game shouldn't be as resource intensive as the previous games I was playing. (Battletech, and Warhammer II total war. ) Both of those were on the C SSD drive though, so that could make a difference.

Last edited:

Evilbookworm

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
PC Power & Cooling ModXStream Pro Series 600 Watt 80+ Semi-Modular Active PFC Performance Grade ATX PC Power Supply (OCZ600MXSP)

bought in 2012, been used in at least 2 computers, possibly 3. (hard time remembering.)