Computer randomly shuts off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jason_002

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016
My computer has started to randomly restart whether it be i am working on an essay for school or if im gaming. The restarts occur ever other hour or so. I am assuming it is a power issue and I have had my corsair cx 500 for 3-4 years. Is it most likely the psu going bad?

-Update: Problem is still consisting with new psu(Corsair cx 650m). I am moitoring tempatures of all components and no temps to worry about. All the fans on my computer will rev up above normal when it does the random restart, not sure why. Please help!!!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador

The 669mhz times two is 1333mhz,well about,so these are the same. Has to do with ddr meaning Double Data Rate.

Jason_002

Commendable
Nov 22, 2016

I really think based on the event manager report that it is CPU related. I also went into bios and activated warning notifications if my cpu is overheating or if the cpu fan fails. After that my motherboard will loudly beep once every 10 minutes after playing a game for a while. I have open hardware monitor to view temps which show the cpu at 45 or less and the fan is still spinning so the motherboard is telling me something is wrong but I do not see what it could be??

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can try the next,

How to make a log,

open hwinfo,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop",
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost this one i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with it and does not require a log in to get the info.
Just make one until this happens like you described.
Make sure i can acces the file at the site where you upload to. Again something that doesn't come with crap like extra tabs opening.