Question Computer randomly shutting off while playing intensive games

Novoj

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2015
I understand that my issue is hardware related so I was assuming certain parts were overheating. I just recently upgraded almost all of my components inside my rig. The only things I did not touch were my GPU (RTX 2080S), PSU (Corsair CX750), and my storage. Everything else was pretty ancient and I needed this upgrade bad. Right now I am feeling like my only option left is to get a better PSU but I don't want to keep dishing out more money to fix my issue if possible. Everything else was already super pricey as is and I honestly shouldn't even have went this far with my upgrade. I even bought a new case (MSI MPG Velox 100R.) If anyone can give some insight to something I may be overlooking that would be appreciated. I just want to enjoy my games again without getting booted mid session with friends. Also plan on using this computer for work and would hate for something like this to happen in the middle of a job.

If more information is needed on parts I just installed an MSI pro B760-P WIFI DDR4 motherboard, 32gb of RAM, Thermalright aqua elite 240 V3 AIO, and an Intel i-9 12900KF CPU.

Thank you in advance for anyone that comes across this post!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You could try this simple test: manually set every fan in your box to run at 100 percent maximum all of the time and see if that helps. If yes, then at least you would know you need better ventilation. (Assuming you already know to run your AIO pump at 100 percent all of the time.)