[SOLVED] Computer randomly turning off and restarting.

Aug 13, 2020
Hello, as the title suggests Im having problems with my PC and looking here to help.
Backstory, started a few days ago, have had this PC built for about 4 months now and just now starting this problem.

Specs for PC:
MOBO: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING AM4

MEM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Intel XMP 2.0
( I know AMD with a intel Ram, i messed up ) it runs on a lower clock cause I don't know how to do xmp profiles.)

PSU: EVGA 550 N1 100-N1-0550-L1 550W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz (4.2 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda ST2000DM008 2TB 7200 RPM 256MB Cache SATA
and a External Seagate 8tb connected through USB with its own power supply.

GPU:EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO GAMING Video Card, 06G-P4-2066-KR, 6GB GDDR6,

Also to note I have a RX460 in as well just to run another monitor. very light performance

I mainly play World of Warcraft and occasionally GTA 5. I also have a Anet ET4 connected through a printer cable to monitor my 3D Prints.
Never have had any problems with the PC up until this point. does anyone have any idea on what this means? Thank you all in advance. Have a great day and stay safe.

Solution
Welcome to the forums :D
this questions gets asked a lot so I have a response prepared.

My canned random reboot Rant
Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for five passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than five passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a...

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

Random reboots are usually caused by the PSU, the RAM or software AND in that order of likely-hood.
PSU - If you can borrow/swap a PSU for testing. sibling/friend you can swap out the PSU and each system will be testing the other.
RAM - run the system with one stick of RAM see if stability returns if not Test all the RAM with memtest 86 for five passes or overnight. if you get no 0 errors after more than five passes the ram is good. with the random reboots I would suggest running this test after the PSU swap or after the PSU has been cleared.
Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a linux distro on a USB drive. mint linux will boot to memtest86. you can run the OS from the USB and await reboot.
end canned rant

Solution
Aug 13, 2020

Software - Drivers or other issues can cause reboots. Boot to a linux distro on a USB drive. mint linux will boot to memtest86. you can run the OS from the USB and await reboot.
end canned rant
I will try all of these as soon as I get home from work, I appreciate the help !

TRENDING THREADS