Question Computer restarts randomly

Mar 4, 2021
Computer restarts randomly when I start SOME games and AFTER stress test, makes no sense

Hello,
Trying to troubleshoot a friends custom built computer as it crashes randomly during games. I can recreate the problem by running MSI kombuster to stress the GPU +CPU (for max power draw) but the computer handles it fine DURING the stress test. I've let it run for 30+ minutes and everything works fine. The restart occurs when I try to exit out of the stress test, that's when the computer restarts.No BSOD, no log file, nothing.
My guess is that the transition from high load --> low load something occurs and the computer restarts. Another thing is, sometimes reboots after I'm playing about 3 hours and sometimes literally after I click to open the game... Depends which game
Obvious suspects are the PSU,GPU and RAM. I connected the monitor to the mobo graphics card and can run the CPU+GPU stress test fine and exit with no issues.
I changed reseated all the power connecters and even used different PCIE power rails from the PSU and can always recreate whenever exiting from the stress test.
Any thoughts? Thx

SPECS:
CPU: i5 6500 3.2 ghz
GPU: Geforce GTX 1070 mini ZOTAC
RAM: 2 8gb Gskill 2133mhz ddr4(16gb)
HDD: Seagate 2tb
PSU: Corsair 650W(Bronze Stamp)
Motherboard: Asus B150M-C / Rev X.ox
OBS: When I stresses all the components the highest tempetures of each part was: CPU: 69°C , GPU: 80°C , Motherboard:49°C , RAM:50°C , HDD: 41°C
I bought this computer about 3 years ago, but my PSU is a little older, about 5 years.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
What are the temps you're seeing for both the processor and the GPU? What is the age of the PSU(apart from it's wattage, make and model)?