[SOLVED] Computer shut off and won’t turn on

Sep 22, 2020
Hi all,

I recently was browsing chrome on my computer when it shut off randomly and hasn’t turned on since.

I got warranty on my PSU thinking that was the issue and it wasn’t.

I then sent back to PCCasegear (The retailer I brought the items from) my CPU, Motherboard and RAM. They ended up saying there was a problem with the motherboard and sent it off to Asus for repairs.

I got the motherboard back yesterday and rebuilt my system today and it still won’t turn on.

Does anyone know what the problem would be and what should I do moving forward?

PC specs are:

Intel 8600k

Team Force Delta 2x8GB RAM

Asus Strix OC 1060 6GB

Asus z370e

Samsung 250gb & 500gb SSD

Seagate 2TB HDD

Super Flower Leadex Gold 650w (This PSU replaced my Corsair RM650 as my retailer didn’t stock them anymore)

Solution
check the power switch it might look and feel like its working but the inside could be broken

and a easy test to check
use the reset button as the power button and attach the reset button to the motherboard where the power button is normally attached

it will eliminate that as the problem or fix it
i know as i had a similar problem on pc that turned off one day and wouldn't turn back on and did this and it was the power switch
that pc still works and still uses the reset switch to turn on
Sep 19, 2020
check the power switch it might look and feel like its working but the inside could be broken

and a easy test to check
use the reset button as the power button and attach the reset button to the motherboard where the power button is normally attached

it will eliminate that as the problem or fix it
i know as i had a similar problem on pc that turned off one day and wouldn't turn back on and did this and it was the power switch
that pc still works and still uses the reset switch to turn on

Solution