Computer shuts off after half a second of turning on (Please help me)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Electrocal

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
Hi, Sorry, I know this has been put on here a lot in other threads but none of them were the exact same to my problem and i'm really lost on what to do now.
(My system is only about 5 months old, it is my first build but i'm not new to any of this.)

My computer won't start and turns off right after I turn it on in only half a second, then the lights turn off and all dies until I unplug the PSU and leave it for roughly 5 minutes.

All the fans do start and my motherboard, case, cathode lights all do come on.
I've tested the PSU with a paperclip and the fan did start but it was very slow (I think probably due to automatic speed)
I've replaced the CMOS battery several times and cleared them too, Made sure all wiring is connected properly, Reinserted the ram multiple times, removed the graphics card. Checked every piece with a torch looking for any burned out parts/connections (no there isn't a soldering/burning smell coming from anything)
I really doubt it's an overheating issue but more of a faulty piece/bad connection.
I've re-sat the motherboard assuming it was a short behind it and checked almost every thread on here related to this but i'm still twiddling my thumbs.

It started the other day I was trying to fix my computer a little, Moving around the wifi adapter inside as it wasn't connecting properly.
Any help would be massively appreciated!

My hardware is:
Case - NZXT Phantom 820
Motherboard - MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
CPU - Intel i5 4690 (watercooled, all XSPC)
GPU - AMD XFX Radeon 290
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB
PSU - FSP Aurum Gold 700w
also an Aerocool touch 1000 fan monitor

Electrocal

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
I'd like to yet again thank everyone who helped me with this, Without you all I'd most likely be crying in a ditch surrounded by broken components and empty bottles.
I figured i should post a few photos of it working to show the fruits of labor ect... It WAS the PSU, I went an XFX XTR 550 (which is beyond wonderful).
Now, Yes, Those are photos of Steve Buscemi. Congratulations, You all helped fix a godforsaken meme machine
Well done.
tumblr_nm8if4VNTU1rm2pjjo3_400.jpg
tumblr_nm8if4VNTU1rm2pjjo1_400.jpg

tumblr_nm8if4VNTU1rm2pjjo2_400.jpg

tumblr_nm8if4VNTU1rm2pjjo4_400.jpg