Question Computer slows down whole network whenever connect to router

Jun 25, 2019
I am facing this problem for a couple of days. I use a laptop and I connect it with an USB wireless dongle. For a few days my internet connection gets slow whenever I connect my pc to router. Not only my internet gets down, everyone connected to the router is also faces same and if I ping router ip it shows request time out. Sometimes it gets ping but more than 2000ms+ always. At first I thought router problem but it does to every router I connect. If I disconnect network becomes normal. I changed dingle, reinstalled windows, reinstalled drivers. My task manager doesn’t have any unusual activity. I have checked “ipconfig” and no problem there.

Please help me I am going crazy

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your router? You might want to see if you have any firmware updates pending for your router. On another note, why are you using a wireless dongle on your laptop, it should come bundled with a wireless adapter to have a built in WiFi solution.

Jun 25, 2019
Make and model of your router? You might want to see if you have any firmware updates pending for your router. On another note, why are you using a wireless dongle on your laptop, it should come bundled with a wireless adapter to have a built in WiFi solution.
My Laptops wifi card is not working, thats why i am using it ... Another thing is when I connect through ethernet it works OK. My router is updated. I have checked several routers like my office, friends house etc. Problem is same.