[SOLVED] computer still shuts off after CMOS battery change?

May 19, 2019
allow me to explain, so yesterday i got a new fan for my motherboard that my friend lended to me, it worked for about 3 hours until it shut off spontaneously. I look it up for a solution and they tell me to change to CMOS battery to a new one, so today i bought one and it booted fine (had to press the reset switch tho since the power button didnt work). Now a couple hours pass by while i was playing Minecraft then it shut off spontaneously again and the reset button dosent turn it on anymore, what do i do?

i havent updated the BIOS yet since i was testing it so that could be it but earlier i unplugged the front panel USB cables in relation to the power button not working. What could it be?

Ralston18

Titan
If you were in Windows and working or playing then Reliability History/Manager or Event Viewer may have captured some relevant error code or warning.

Take a look in both.

Plus, update your post to include full system hardware specs including PSU.

Even with a new PSU you can have problems if the overall power demand is too much.

May 19, 2019
If you were in Windows and working or playing then Reliability History/Manager or Event Viewer may have captured some relevant error code or warning.

Take a look in both.

Even with a new PSU you can have problems if the overall power demand is too much.

the specs i have are:
Intel Pentium G2020
dual channel 8GB DDR3 RAM at 1333 frequency and another stick at 1600
ASUS H61-MK Motherboard
no GPU yet but i plan to buy a GTX 660 soon

the PSU is more of a generic-ish one but its branding says its a
ZERO Power P4-600 model
has 250V, 4A and 60Hz to 50Hz
i'd also like to add that i use an AVR since where I'm from (Philippines) our voltage isnt regulated so using an AVR helps. But I've already tried plugging the system in direcrly to the wall but still dosent turn on

the CMOS Battery was bought on the same day it shut off again and it was a Sony 3V CR2032

May 19, 2019

Take a look in both.

also i cant see the event logs since the computer wont boot anymore

Dynamicrifle

Prominent
May 20, 2021
I Also Have Problem Like That , I changed Cmos Battery , But When I Reset cmos battery it will not off, everyday i want to reset my bios , if i not pc shutdown itself , help me to fix, sorry for bad english

TRENDING THREADS