[SOLVED] Computer stuck in boot loop but not when pheripherals are unplugged?

Jul 6, 2020
Hey!

So I have what seems to me a really strange issue. Whenever my computer restarts it gets stuck at the boot up screen. When you see the Asus logo and can press "del" or "F2" to get into bios. No input is registered and it's just stuck there. Sometimes when left for maybe a day it can boot up but not always. But what always works is unplugging all my usb perhipherals. Now most of them or nearly all of them rather, is Razer products. My mouse, keyboard, headset stand, speakers and mousemat. I unplugg all of them and the computer boots as normal and I plug in my old Razer keyboard, type my password then it's safe to plug everything in and continue as usual.

Any ideas as to what is wrong as this seems really strange to me? Thanks!

Solution
Are you able to borrow or even buy an external independently powered USB hub?

Maybe try booting without headset stand, speaker, and mousemat. Just to test....

My thought is that the motherboard is not able to consistently provide the necessary USB power.

Could also be PSU related.

Make and model: Motheboard, PSU?

Ralston18

Titan

Maybe try booting without headset stand, speaker, and mousemat. Just to test....

My thought is that the motherboard is not able to consistently provide the necessary USB power.

Solution

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
if the motherboard detect an overcharge and prevent boot, you may damage the motherboard by plugging all those devices later.

it would be safer to install a PCIe card extention with usb ports to alleviate the charge on the ports from the mother board.
Or use an externally powered USB hub.

Jul 6, 2020

I could try to find an external USB hub and try that and I'll remove everything but the keyboard and mouse to see if it works. I'll get back to you when I've tried it!

The GPU is a asus maximus ix code and th PSU is a Corsair hx1000i I believe

Jul 6, 2020
if the motherboard detect an overcharge and prevent boot, you may damage the motherboard by plugging all those devices later.

it would be safer to install a PCIe card extention with usb ports to alleviate the charge on the ports from the mother board.
Or use an externally powered USB hub.

Is that what it may be? Too much stuff?
I'll try to get ahold of an external usb hub. I've never heard of a PCIe extention, I'll have to look that up and see if I can add that perhaps.