Question Computer Stutters and Restarts

Sateral

Reputable
Feb 27, 2019
2 months ago I've moved into a residence in my university and I live in a dorm . After setting up my pc in my room and turning it on, after several minutes it will simply stutter, freeze and restart. Evidently, this is shown as a kernel 41 as it is a random restart. This has happened countless of times over the past 2 months. I've had kernel 41 due to overheating CPU but I replaced my stock cooler and that can't be the issue, I've been watching the temps so it shouldn't be the CPU. This happens even when not gaming. I ran memory diagnostics, uninstalled, installed and updated drivers. I was told it could be dirty power, so I got a usp. Was told it could be a faulty or underpowered PSU, so I upgraded from corsair CV550 to corsair RM750. I have completely factory reset my windows as well. NONE of these issues helped. I ran troubleshoots on ram and have received 0 errors on them. What could possibly be the issue? Others who brought their pc's have no issues in my residence. I recently updated my motherboard bios and it seemed to have helped, there's a longer time period between crashes. A thing to note, if I simply leave the computer on running no programs, it usually doesn't crash, still can, but it has run hours without crashing. When turning on twitch.tv or playing a video game it can happen within minutes to an hour. Happened both in windows 10 and 11
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6gb (MSI)
Storage: 149GB Western Digital WDC, 1863GB Seagate
Optical Drives: DVDRAM
Audio: Corsair Void Pro Surround USB Sound Adapter

Reactions: Lewisdall121

Sateral

Reputable
Feb 27, 2019
Nov 10, 2022
Having same problem with b450 tomahawk max II, Ryzen 3600 and Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8gb xmp 3000mhz, Seasonic 520 Evo bronze

It started when I changed my mobo in cause of damaged socket (pulled up fan with CPU from locked socket)

Nov 26, 2022
2 months ago I've moved into a residence in my university and I live in a dorm . After setting up my pc in my room and turning it on, after several minutes it will simply stutter, freeze and restart. Evidently, this is shown as a kernel 41 as it is a random restart. This has happened countless of times over the past 2 months. I've had kernel 41 due to overheating CPU but I replaced my stock cooler and that can't be the issue, I've been watching the temps so it shouldn't be the CPU. This happens even when not gaming. I ran memory diagnostics, uninstalled, installed and updated drivers. I was told it could be dirty power, so I got a usp. Was told it could be a faulty or underpowered PSU, so I upgraded from corsair CV550 to corsair RM750. I have completely factory reset my windows as well. NONE of these issues helped. I ran troubleshoots on ram and have received 0 errors on them. What could possibly be the issue? Others who brought their pc's have no issues in my residence. I recently updated my motherboard bios and it seemed to have helped, there's a longer time period between crashes. Moreover, because my computer doesn't work I can't do writing for the university, this is a serious problem because I got used to use click here to write drama essay, so, I hope that soon I will find answer to the given problem because together with my computer can leave successful, please help; Happened both in windows 10 and 11
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX II
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6gb (MSI)
Storage: 149GB Western Digital WDC, 1863GB Seagate
Optical Drives: DVDRAM
Audio: Corsair Void Pro Surround USB Sound Adapter
With me it was something like, apparently, the problem was physical, on the back of the motherboard there were some cables that were getting tangled to the motherboard, they got stuck there during shipping and because of this my simple computer would lock up and then shut down.

Last edited: