Question Computer turns off randomly after hardware upgrades ?

Nakroma

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

I recently upgraded the GPU and the PSU of my build and also doubled the RAM sticks. Now sometimes the PC randomly shuts off (no blue screen or anything like that, just completely shuts off). So far this has only happened when gaming, however I don't know if this actually correlates since it doesn't happen that frequently.

Here is my build:
MSI B450-A Pro MAX
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
4x 8GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18-38 Dual Kit (upgraded from 2x 8GB Sticks)
8GB Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti EAGLE (upgraded from Radeon RX570)
Corsair RMX 2021 650W (upgraded from some really old 450W be quiet)
Also running some smaller fans in the case

It's not the GPU temperature, my GPU-Z logs say that's completely fine and in normal range. I was wondering if it's the PSU, but 650W should be plenty for this build, right? I'm a bit at a loss here and don't know how to troubleshoot further.

Thanks in advance!

Nakroma

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
Mixing RAM is a gamble. Try running memtest86 for a few passes. Any more than zero faults is bad.

You didn't use any existing cables from old PSU, correct?

Did you use DDU to remove old drivers before installing new GPU?

It's not mixed, it's the same sticks I bought a year or so ago. Forgot to mention though, I've ran TestMem5 with the extreme preset by anta777 and there were no problems, so I assumed it was fine. I'm gonna try it again with memtest86 just in case.

No, the old PSU was completely non modular, just ripped it out and replaced it with the new one.

I didn't use DDU, I'm gonna try that with the AMD settings.