cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Brought my computer home from a technician to fix my CPU fan error. Everything was working perfectly fine on my computer at the shop when I went there to pick it up. Was able to log in with no problem. Got home, did a quick un-build to do cable management, and plug everything back in, got power on, but it won't boot. Everything lights up all of the RGB in my motherboard but I have a red light at the bottom of my motherboard.

My system is an

Ryzen 5 1600X
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi CPU Cooler
Asus ROG Strix B350-F gaming motherboard
16 GB of T-Force RGB RAM
Asus ROG Strix RX 580 8GB video card
650 watts 80+ gold fully modular PSU EVGA
Thermaltake Core G21
5x Deepcool RF120M RGB chassis fan

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Brought my computer home from a technician to fix my CPU fan error. Everything was working perfectly fine on my computer at the shop when I went there to pick it up. Was able to log in with no problem. Got home, did a quick un-build to do cable management, and plug everything back in, got power on, but it won't boot. Everything lights up all of the RGB in my motherboard but I have a red light at the bottom of my motherboard.

My system is an

Ryzen 5 1600X
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi CPU Cooler
Asus ROG Strix B350-F gaming motherboard
16 GB of T-Force RGB RAM
Asus ROG Strix RX 580 8GB video card
650 watts 80+ gold fully modular PSU EVGA
Thermaltake Core G21
5x Deepcool RF120M RGB chassis fan

Please take a close up picture of where your power button/reset button are plugged into your mobo. Is it possible these weren't plugged in correctly &/or shifted while you did the rebuild. When you say "un-build" did you take everything out or just the cables themselves? Power correctly (firmly) plugged in? GPU has power? 4 pin molex plug next to the CPU? Power switch in "On" position on the P/S itself? (which I guess if you have a red light on that means there is power so ignore that las one lol )

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
I only unplugged my heatsink and heatsink fan and GPU. Did cable management in the back to make it look nice and did not un-plug anything in the back. Plug my heatsink, and heatsink fan, and GPU back in and now it won't even power on. Dafuq? How is this not even possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I only unplugged my heatsink and heatsink fan and GPU. Did cable management in the back to make it look nice and did not un-plug anything in the back. Plug my heatsink, and heatsink fan, and GPU back in and now it won't even power on. Dafuq? How is this not even possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unplugged your heat sink? As in removed it? Unplugged the heat sink fan is straight forward enough. Are you sure it's plugged in correctly into the CPU fan pin on the motherboard? You removed the GPU or just unplugged it? Did you use the same molex's for the GPU that you unplugged? Are they in turn correctly plugged into the correct plug in the back of your P/S? If you removed the heat sink, are you 100% sure you re-seated it onto the CPU correctly? Did you clean off the old thermal paste first and apply new?

What CPU fan error did the tech fix? Are you having the same issues now as before you took it in?

Take a closeup pic of the motherboard the way it is now so we can see how the cables are plugged in.

cannond1396

Reputable
Aug 15, 2018
Unplugged your heat sink? As in removed it? Unplugged the heat sink fan is straight forward enough. Are you sure it's plugged in correctly into the CPU fan pin on the motherboard? You removed the GPU or just unplugged it? Did you use the same molex's for the GPU that you unplugged? Are they in turn correctly plugged into the correct plug in the back of your P/S? If you removed the heat sink, are you 100% sure you re-seated it onto the CPU correctly? Did you clean off the old thermal paste first and apply new?

What CPU fan error did the tech fix? Are you having the same issues now as before you took it in?

Take a closeup pic of the motherboard the way it is now so we can see how the cables are plugged in.
Hey problem solved! Sorry for the wait. So the first problem for me was a CPU fan error and then the second problem was I got bent pins on my CPU and that was solved all thanks to the best technicians in town. A bit of re-alignment with the pins and I got a working computer again!

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hey problem solved! Sorry for the wait. So the first problem for me was a CPU fan error and then the second problem was I got bent pins on my CPU and that was solved all thanks to the best technicians in town. A bit of re-alignment with the pins and I got a working computer again!

Excellent! Glad to hear it's all sorted out & you are back up and running! :)