Question Computer turns on but no input on monitor ?

Sep 6, 2021
I've been trying to fix this issue the past couple days and nothing has worked. On my motherboard the debug led comes on for the cpu.

Specs:
mobo- b550-a pro (brand new)
cpu- ryzen 7 5700G (brand new)
psu- 700w thermaltake (brand new)
gpu- 1050ti
ram- 16gb

I took my computer to the shop and they weren't able to identify what could be the cause, but they confirmed the gpu and ram are working though. Just got all the other parts this week so I'm unsure what could be the issue.

Computer is unable to POST and the monitor stays black regardless of trying hdmi, vga, and dmi. Have tried hdmi with the integrated graphics as well, but no change.

I have flashbacked the bios as well and successfully installed the bios onto the motherboard with a flash drive, but cant get to bios because the computer isnt POSTing.

I've tried all the typical stuff of unplugging everything, cleaning pins, plugging stuff in one at a time, and clearing cmos battery. Any suggestions for a fix?

I have checked it over and none of the pins look damaged in anyway. I did notice however when I got the motherboard, there was no plastic cover over the cpu slot that pops out whenever you lift the cpu pin. Do you think that could have any issue with it?
Have you inspected the slots where the pins go in to the motherboard.? If it had no cover it could be a returned motherboard. I would take a flashlight and inspect the holes for any foreign substance. The other thing no one has touched on is the 8 pin cpu power plug, is it seated correctly?

I've been trying to fix this issue the past couple days and nothing has worked. On my motherboard the debug led comes on for the cpu.

Specs:
mobo- b550-a pro (brand new)
cpu- ryzen 7 5700G (brand new)
psu- 700w thermaltake (brand new)
gpu- 1050ti
ram- 16gb

I took my computer to the shop and they weren't able to identify what could be the cause, but they confirmed the gpu and ram are working though. Just got all the other parts this week so I'm unsure what could be the issue.

Computer is unable to POST and the monitor stays black regardless of trying hdmi, vga, and dmi. Have tried hdmi with the integrated graphics as well, but no change.

I have flashbacked the bios as well and successfully installed the bios onto the motherboard with a flash drive, but cant get to bios because the computer isnt POSTing.

I've tried all the typical stuff of unplugging everything, cleaning pins, plugging stuff in one at a time, and clearing cmos battery. Any suggestions for a fix?
How did you "flashbacked the bios" if you're not getting anything on your display?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see your mobo has a Flash BIOS button.

Did you follow these instructions from your manual?

Updating BIOS with Flash BIOS Button
  1. Please download the latest BIOS file that matches your motherboard model from the MSI® website.
  2. Rename the BIOS file to MSI.ROM, and save it to the root of your USB flash drive.
  3. Connect the power supply to CPU_PWR1 and ATX_PWR1. (No need to install CPU and memory.)
  4. Plug the USB flash drive that contains the MSI.ROM file into the Flash BIOS Port on the rear I/O panel.
  5. Press the Flash BIOS Button to flash BIOS, and the LED starts flashing.
  6. The LED will be turned off when the process is completed.
To be clear, the 'latest BIOS file' is NOT the .zip file you download from the MSI website. You need to first unzip the .zip file then go into the unzipped Folder to locate the BIOS file. In the case of 7C56vA7.zip, the BIOS file will be named E7C56AMS.A70. The only file on your USB stick should be called MSI.ROM.

Last edited: