cademoore0

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
I built a brand new computer today and connected the PSU to an outlet. Press the power button and every turned on and was running smoothly. All the lights and fans work fine but I realized I wasn't near my desk so I need to move the tower over there so I could install the windows. I brought it over to my desk and connected all the parts in the back. I switch the PSU to on and saw the motherboard and GPU's lights were on. I pressed the power button and all of the fans turned on for a split second then SILENCE...

PC BUILD:
Ryzen 5 3600x
ASUS B-450f gaming ATX
Crucial 4 8gb 3200 ram
500 GB nvme SSD
2 tb barracuda hard drive
2070 super gpu
case: Lian-Li LANCOOL II Mesh case
PSU: 650-watt gold semi atx

Things I've tried:
reconnected the 24 pins and 8 pins from PSU to the motherboard.
taken the battery out of the motherboard and then placed back in.
reconnected the RAM sticks
replaced the PSU with my current 750w PSU.

I am going to take the CPU cooler off and put new paste on. maybe it thinks it is overheating?

any other ideas?

Solution
I did paper clip test and also installed my own 750w into this new tower. Lights and fans went on for a split second as well.

placed my PSU back in my rig and still works.
So if you take out the SSD and the HDD, and the GPU (out if the PCIe slot, not simply disconnected) and the PC does not start (of course without image as the GPU is out), that leaves either the mobo or the CPU as the culprit
I built a brand new computer today and connected the PSU to an outlet. Press the power button and every turned on and was running smoothly. All the lights and fans work fine but I realized I wasn't near my desk so I need to move the tower over there so I could install the windows. I brought it over to my desk and connected all the parts in the back. I switch the PSU to on and saw the motherboard and GPU's lights were on. I pressed the power button and all of the fans turned on for a split second then SILENCE...

PC BUILD:
Ryzen 5 3600x
ASUS B-450f gaming ATX
Crucial 4 8gb 3200 ram
500 GB nvme SSD
2 tb barracuda hard drive
2070 super gpu
case: Lian-Li LANCOOL II Mesh case
PSU: 650-watt gold semi atx

Things I've tried:
reconnected the 24 pins and 8 pins from PSU to the motherboard.
taken the battery out of the motherboard and then placed back in.
reconnected the RAM sticks
replaced the PSU with my current 750w PSU.

I am going to take the CPU cooler off and put new paste on. maybe it thinks it is overheating?

any other ideas?
Are you positive that your B450 mobo has been upgraded to the correct bios four your CPU ?

I know it’s compatible but how could I upgraded if I can’t even turn it on?
Well this was my question: are your sure that the bios was upgraded before you put your CPU on the mobo.
B450 was initialy intended for Ryzen 2xxx CPUs. After release of Ryzen 3xxx the upgraded Bioses were released so that they could be used on B450 mobos. Initially, for upgrading the bios you had to have a compatible CPU for the old version, but later releases for the mobos came of course with the new Bios.
So my question was, are you sure that you have one of these new compatible mobos and not a mobo from an old stock that you have to upgrade.
Usually, if compatible with the Ryzen 3xxx this is written directly on the box (a sticker of some sort)

Yes box says “Ryzen 3000 desktop ready” and Ryzen 2000 desktop ready.
Ok at least the point is clear.
I would suggest that you sarting point should be by following this algorithm:

cademoore0

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
Ok at least the point is clear.
I would suggest that you sarting point should be by following this algorithm:
Ok I checked every step. Took out the mother board and reinstalled. Only placed 1 ram stick. The gpu and mother board little light was on and when I press the power button nothing even happens now....

cademoore0

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
I did paper clip test and also installed my own 750w into this new tower. Lights and fans went on for a split second as well.

So if you take out the SSD and the HDD, and the GPU (out if the PCIe slot, not simply disconnected) and the PC does not start (of course without image as the GPU is out), that leaves either the mobo or the CPU as the culprit

Solution

cademoore0

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
Honestly I’ve decided to just got exchange the PSU,CPU, and motherboard sin se I purchased them yesterday. I just completed the exchange and will begin building again.