[SOLVED] Computer Unresponsive After Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2020
Hi Guys,

I need some help. My laptop (I'll give the specs below) just began having an issue where it becomes unresponsive after going to sleep. What I mean by that is that when I click, the computer wakes and allows me to log in, and if I have a window already open it works (very slowly), but as soon as I try to open a new application/window nothing happens. Often times the wifi turns off as well. If I try restarting from the main menu, the computer either locks up in the restart, or the behavior continues after the restart. However, if I do a hard reboot (hold the power button down until it shuts off and then turn it back on again) the computer goes back to normal until the next time it goes to sleep. I've already searched across the internet and tried the various fixes suggested for similar sounding issues but to no avail. I'm not going to list everything I've tried because it's a lot, and it's also possible I missed something. Any help would be much appreciated. If you need any more Specs or information please let me know. Thanks!

Specs:

Computer: Microsoft Surface Book (1st gen)
Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U @2.40 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Windows Edition: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) Version 10.0.19041
BIOS mode: UEFI
128 GB Samsung SSD (34GB free)

I did just notice something weird in system information:
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory : 7.92 GB
Available Physical Memory: 2.91 GB <--- Why is only 2.91GB available?

Jul 1, 2020
Based on your feedback, I checked the Surface book drivers and discovered that the newest windows update doesn't yet have driver support. Apparently this is causing issues with the sleep/hibernation function. I downgraded to the previous version and things seem to be functioning again. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS