Question Computer will not turn on ?

Jun 5, 2022
I have been gaming on my computer just fine until earlier today. I see my screen turns off because I'm inactive, so I go to the keyboard and press some keys and wait a minute but nothing turns back on. The computer was still running, so I didn't think anything was wrong. I press my reset button and wait a few minutes, and still with no video output, which usually only takes a few seconds. I turn it off with the power button and try turning it back on again, but the power button doesn't work.

So I pull the power button off of the pins and try it manually with a screwdriver, and nothing happens. I unplug the psu and reset the cmos battery, and try again, nothing happens. The lights on external devices and internal rgb does flicker, but does not stay on. I tried a different power cable too. I checked to make sure everything was seated properly. Anyone have any more troubleshooting suggestions?

Jun 5, 2022
Sounds like the PSU may have died.

Please post full system specs including PSU make, model & approximate age ?
I was also thinking psu problem. I wanted to test it but I can't find documentation for which pins I need to jump in order to see if it is even responsive.

Cpu: i5 12500

Ram: GSkill V-Series 3200 Mhz 2x16 GB

Mobo: Gigabyte B660M Aorus Pro AX

PSU: Aresgame 750W Fully modular 80+ Gold

System is about a 3 weeks old, and the PSU is a few months past a year old

TRENDING THREADS