Question Computer will sometimes boot into the bios and other times it will show no signal

Jul 23, 2024
Hey guys, I'm currently working on my sister's computer and I'm running into an issue that I have never dealt with before.

I noticed that when I push the power button, the fans do come on and spin, even on the GPU. I tried removing and replacing the CMOS battery and I was able to get the computer to boot into the bios. I have tried to manipulate a few settings in the BIOS to no avail, no matter what, they don't save, and it always sends me back to 'No signal' when I restart it to apply the settings. I got thinking it might be a Motherboard issue due to the fact that sometimes the bios will display and sometimes it won't.

I have tried creating a bootable media for Windows 11 to try and boot into the installation screen but that doesn't work either. Back to no signal.

I did notice that she has a 500w PSU which Nvidia does recommend a 600w PSU for the 3060ti and I did some research and saw that it could very well be that there's not enough voltage going to the components to start the PC, although, that wouldn't explain how it worked perfectly fine before.

I did some tinkering in the BIOS last night and I tried to update the BIOs to see if that would solve the problem but no dice. I did notice a setting that if there is an error whilst booting up, it will throw a screen to press F1 to get into the BIOS for setup. So, I do know it's throwing some kind of error. She has a single M.2 NVME SSD but it appears that the error its throwing is related to not being in Raid Mode? You can check the picture below which shows the screen that DOES appear when I remove the CMOS battery and drain the PSU of any extra power that might be left in the capacitors.

She said she has had some issues prior to this happening, she mentioned it would Bluescreen every now and then, I will post the pictures from when it was functioning and could boot to windows below. Any help would be appreciated, she's been really wanting to get her PC fixed to play some rust.

DcoDvMZ.jpeg
6AcoXXv.png

Her Specs:
Motherboard: Asus B550-Plus AC HES | Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 2700 | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060ti | 16gb of ddr4 ram at 2666mhz (I'm assuming it was underclocked due to having to reset the BIOS settings a few times) | 500w PSU - unbranded

Things Tried:

Reseating the GPU
Using another PCI port
Checking PSU connections
Reseating Ram
Updating BIOS
Changing BIOS settings but they don't save
Replacing CMOS Battery
Resetting CMOS completely per instruction manual for the Mobo
Tried to boot into Windows Installation but as I changed the boot sequence and reset bios, I got no signal.