[SOLVED] Computer won’t display a signal with RX 590 FATBOY

Jun 7, 2021
Recently bought a brand new prebuilt, the HP Omen 30L. Computer worked perfectly fine. Installed my storage and got rid of the RTX 3080 in it and put my RX 590 Fatboy in. No signal. Put the 3080 back in and it works fine. Tested another graphics card, a Firepro v4900 and it worked too. By then I suspected my card had died, so I stuck it in another rig and it works perfectly fine. And for context, the computer still boots up, but the keyboard doesn’t light up, and there’s no error codes, but the RX 590 won’t produce a video signal. I removed the cmos battery and put it back in after 5 minutes and nothing changed

Last edited:
Solution
Does windows start with the Firepro? If so it may be worth going in and running DDU GPU driver uninstaller and reinstall the drivers you need. Long shot but worth a try.
The first thing that springs to mind is the 3080 is PCIe 4.0 and the RX 590 is PCIe 3.0, you may have to put the RX 590 in another slot as I am not sure you can adjust the speed of the top slot in that pre-built. They often have limited Bios options. Just try the other PCIe slots and let me know if it works

Jun 7, 2021
The first thing that springs to mind is the 3080 is PCIe 4.0 and the RX 590 is PCIe 3.0, you may have to put the RX 590 in another slot as I am not sure you can adjust the speed of the top slot in that pre-built. They often have limited Bios options. Just try the other PCIe slots and let me know if it works
Well my motherboard is a micro atx board and it only has one slot, and the board I tested the card on also had one slot. Also I meant the keyboard doesn’t light up

Can you get into Bios and set the PCIe slot to Gen 3.0 and not 4.0 or auto? Even with no drivers installed the Win10 generic should at least give you a screen, funny that the keyboard won't light up...... are the power cables correctly connected to the PSU? Did you try another USB slot for the Keyboard?

Jun 7, 2021
Can you get into Bios and set the PCIe slot to Gen 3.0 and not 4.0 or auto? Even with no drivers installed the Win10 generic should at least give you a screen, funny that the keyboard won't light up...... are the power cables correctly connected to the PSU? Did you try another USB slot for the Keyboard?
Yeah, because the bios started up with two different cards, one of those cards required 2 8-pin connectors, and the graphics card works on another computer, it is not a problem with PSU or Graphics card. Since the keyboard doesn’t light up, I know that windows isn’t open and there is genuinely no signal being emitted. This is 99% a problem with the motherboard recognizing this specific GPU. I looked through the bios and there was no option for messing with the PCIe slots, so I guess it just doesn’t work

Jun 7, 2021
What exact Mobo is it and is there a Chipset driver update for it, that could be a way to solve the problem. Sometimes OEM boards sit on the shelves for ages before they get put in a system and the chipset drivers are outdated.
I updated the bios to the most recent version with my other graphics card through windows