[SOLVED] Computer wont boot after i install ram

Ziad_M7md

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
2 days ago my psu died and sparked causing my system to shutoff i immediatly bought a new psu but my pc wouldnt boot i thought my motherbpard has died but wohen i started testing everything was fine when i booted without ram my pc would play three beeps indicating lack of ram sticks but when u install the ram the pc would boot but nothing would show up on screen and it wouldnt play the two beeps it always plays indicating succesful post i let an it guy test my motherboard and he said it was perfectly normal everything was right about it he said only the ram was faulty so i bought new ram and the problem didnt go away the it guy said i need different ram although i know what i bought was the right kind my mb is intel dh55tc and the ram i had and bought new is ddr3 pc3-10600 so whats up guys can you help? thanks

Solution
Hey guys, thankfully i found the problem and solved it, so apparently after my psu sparked and my computer shutdown my motherboard went into "Recovery mode" and i guess the people at intel thought the best way to indicate that the motherboard is in recovery mode is to give no indication at all no post, no beep, nothing on screen anyhow i fixed the problem by putting a jumper on the second and third BIOS pins on the motherboard which are placed directly behind the sata ports, anyway my computer is running just like before now and my motherboard and all other components are fine, thanks for everything guys.

Ziad_M7md

Reputable
Jan 6, 2016
Hey guys, thankfully i found the problem and solved it, so apparently after my psu sparked and my computer shutdown my motherboard went into "Recovery mode" and i guess the people at intel thought the best way to indicate that the motherboard is in recovery mode is to give no indication at all no post, no beep, nothing on screen anyhow i fixed the problem by putting a jumper on the second and third BIOS pins on the motherboard which are placed directly behind the sata ports, anyway my computer is running just like before now and my motherboard and all other components are fine, thanks for everything guys.

Solution