Question Computer won't boot to BIOS (endless retry loop)

Dec 25, 2021
Background:
I changed some settings in BIOS, i changed something in the secure boot section and my computer will not work (boot) anymore. The computer has been working fine with no problems for over a year untill i changed this.

Information that might be helpfull:
I have a B450 aorus elite/pro, a ryzen 3600, 3060ti, 1tb m.2 and 3200 mhz ram. (upgraded to windows 11)
When i press the powerbutton the fans spin up and the rgb lights turns on. The red LEDs show DRAM for a few seconds then VGA for maybe a second, before CPU for a split second and back to DRAM -> VGA -> CPU in an endless loop. The 3060ti's spins up but the rgb is only on when the VGA light is on...

I think that the BIOS setting change messed up the SSD and therefore wont boot, but since it wont post to BIOS i am afraid it is something more serios, i have tried clearing CMOS but it did not help.

Help or tips would be appriciated. Thanks.

Dec 25, 2021
It really would help if you recall what specifically you had changed.
Firstly I changed CSM support to 'disabled'
Secondly I changed secure boot to 'enabled', but that did not help my issue for changing settings in the first place, the pc restarted just fine here, and worked like normal
Thirdly 'Key Managment' and updated 'Platform Key(PK)' then the BIOS promted me to restart so I did.

And after the third step my computer will not turn on.

I hope this helps

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
and updated 'Platform Key(PK)
Well... i may be wrong, but you could've updated PK to wrong value. I am not expert there though... So this one may not be reason
Or you have gotten corrupted system (secure boot compatability wise) after updating signatures, which doesn't pass secure boot verification.

Can you enter BIOS though?
Reset CMOS?

Dec 25, 2021
Can you enter BIOS though?
Reset CMOS?

I can't enter BIOS, if i could I probably could fix the problem.
And i have tried reseting the CMOS, it did not work.

If i could enter BIOS in any way, it should fix my problem. But how do I do that with a corrupted drive or a drive that does not pass secure boot? If only i could get to BIOS that would probably be all i need.

So can i get into BIOS without my m.2 drive, by removing it or something?

DimkaTsv

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
No... fact that you cannot even enter BIOS actually not fine at all.
Possible drive corruption shouldn't affect BIOS at all. Just ability to enter system causing boot loop.

I... actually don't know much about Secure boot, but it seems that you somehow managed to break BIOS itself. Which is not good at all. Maybe ask motherboard service center for possible BIOS corruption and ability to physically reflash it somewhere?