Computer Won't Turn On After Sleep Mode

dobhriste_xo

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Hello,

I own an "HP 15-f010dx Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)." I recently upgraded my computer from Windows 8 to Windows 10. Ever since then when my computer goes to sleep mode I cannot turn it back on I as was able to do with Windows 8 by clicking or using the touch-pad. I know the computer is on because the light for the Internet on the keyboard is on, but it never gets out of sleep mode. I've tried changing the power settings, but to no use. The only way I can turn the computer back on is by holding the power button for about 10 seconds, shutting down the computer, then pressing it again to turn it back on. It's really annoying when all my apps get shut off and I have to open them all again because of this. Is there a solution to this problem?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

dobhriste_xo

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for the reply viveknayyar007,

I followed the steps given on the link and ended up finding that the boxed for the mouse and keyboard waking up the computer were already checked. I unchecked them, then checked it again and tried it and it works again! Thanks for the help!

** Follow-Up Update:
The solution above only worked when I purposely set the computer to sleep. It did not work, however, when the computer went to sleep mode after minutes of it not being used. To fix this, I went to my settings, system, then clicked on the "Power & Sleep" bar and set it to "never" in the sleep section, where it asks you how long it should be until the computer falls asleep while plugged or unplugged. I found the settings in the start button onscreen, which may be different for non-Windows 10 users, but it should be the same solution overall.
Good luck to those who face the same issue!

Evans_1

Commendable
Sep 30, 2016