Computer Won't Turn on.

Jan 20, 2019
Hey everyone thanks for taking your time to look at my post!

I started working extra hours at work because I wanted to treat myself and finally make the swap over to computer gaming. After working many hours, I was finally able to buy myself a computer for around a guess of $957 and it definitely took some time for all the parts to get to my house. So during this time while I was waiting for the parts to get to my house, I started looking around for someone to build my computer for me as I have way too shaky hands and was scared to build it myself in fear I was going to break something.

The parts got here and I found a local cell phone repair shop that worked on phones, pc's, consoles and more. So I trusted it and took all the parts to him. Took about two weeks for him to put it together since he had other stuff head of mine. When I got it back, everything worked perfectly fine and It played great.

A month later I was playing Dead By Daylight and it would make my fan spin up a little bit during a match. My temps were fine and my graphic card was reaching around 70 degrees. I was in the middle of a match when suddenly my computer screen turned black and then my computer turned off, then my MSI menu popped up and it booted windows like normal. When I logged back in, it didn't give me any error messages, so I just ignored it and continued life for a bit. So the reboots became more frequent during Dead By Daylight and Dota 2, and sometimes League Of Legends. So being annoyed, I took it back to the shop of the guy who built it and he ran some tests on it for me to see what the problem was.

Getting a call back from him and heading to the store, he said he ran some stress tests on it (3 tests) and said that only on one test it blue screened on him and says everything looked fine. So trusting him, I took it home plugged it in, played for a bit and it suddenly just shut off on me after 30 mins of playing and it wouldn't turn back on. I took it back, he looked at it and said the motherboard was dead. So he took it out for me and I sent it away to get a working one.

Finally getting a working one back, I bring it to him to put it in and he said it was working again, so I was pretty damn excited to get back home and play some MTG Arena. Got home, plugged it up, played for 20 mins and turned it off. When I got back home from school, I turned it on and the video was not appearing on the screen, so I turned it off and turned it back on and it was still showing no video, till I looked over at my cause and there was a red blinking light right above the CPU and heatsink and i saw smoke coming from the top of the case. I was freaking out way too much to check where it was coming from, so I turned it off and just left it there.

I took it back to the shop and explained to him what happened and he said he would check it out. So he's had it since December 21st and I'm just now getting it back today and he told me, "Yeah man, I've been wrestling with this thing and there is nothing wrong with the power supply and it wont turn on at all now. So I think you have another bad motherboard." Knowing myself, I cant get the motherboard out myself because I'm afraid i'll break something, so I thought he would've already had the motherboard out for me so I can send it back and we continue working on it. Though he just handed me the whole thing with the motherboard still in it and I just nervously said, "Alright, Ill just figure something out."

I'm running out of options here of what I should do, cause I feel like this guy doesn't want to work on my computer anymore. Is there anyone on here who can help me figure out whats wrong with my system?

Specs:
GTX Geforce 1060 6G,
AMD Ryzen 5 1600,
EVGA SUPERNOVA 550 G2 80+ GOLD
G.Skill Aegis DDR4 Gaming Memory 2x8GB
AMD Tomahawk Motherboard B350

Ralston18

Titan
No way to know what he may have (or may not have) done. Maybe cheap thermal paste was used when on the second round of repairs...

Multiple possibilities.

Unfortunately there is probably not much more to be done than to find another repair shop.

Ask around via friends and family. Find someone knowledgeable to help.

And remember that you (if you wish to do so) may be more capable than you currently believe.

At least do some reading and learn more about the computer's hardware etc.. Likely to help you understand what may be going wrong (based on the full history) even if you are unable to fix the computer yourself.

The knowledge may help you identify someone who can indeed fix your computer. Barring castrophic damage therein.