configuiring service pack................. going on and on???

FantasticMessi2

Honorable
Mar 27, 2014
guys ....
i previously had windows 7 and set it to service pack 1 update 3 hrs ago ......
download done
now its showing
'Configuring Service Pack
30% complete
Do not turn off your computer......'

the problem is that this is being shown for the past 2hours 30minutes.........and it is stuck at 30% .... will i shut the pc down ???? or wait .....? its taking too much time

Solution
Hi

has this PC been running Win 7 for a long time and you are just runing Service pack 1 ?

or are you doing a fresh install of 7 then updating to current sp1 and all the upgrades after SP1?

If the system has been running W7 a long time and you have many programs installed I would wait for at least 8 hours before interupting (It should not take that long.)

If your PC was infected with malware the update may have hang

BUT interupting before the upgrade process is complete may corrupt Windows and require a fresh install from scratch

If you were doing a fresh install then it does not matter if you corrupt windows by stopping the update as re loading Windows 7 from DVD or USB does not take very long

You may want to check your...
Hi

has this PC been running Win 7 for a long time and you are just runing Service pack 1 ?

or are you doing a fresh install of 7 then updating to current sp1 and all the upgrades after SP1?

If the system has been running W7 a long time and you have many programs installed I would wait for at least 8 hours before interupting (It should not take that long.)

If your PC was infected with malware the update may have hang

BUT interupting before the upgrade process is complete may corrupt Windows and require a fresh install from scratch

If you were doing a fresh install then it does not matter if you corrupt windows by stopping the update as re loading Windows 7 from DVD or USB does not take very long

You may want to check your RAM with Memtest86 and the hard disk with manufacturers diagnostic disk then chkdsk before starting again.
(RAM & hard disk diagnostics available on Hirens CD)

regards
Mike Barnes

Solution