Confused about upgrading system

jsphhnt2

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Hello,
I have ASUS P7H55-M LX motherboard want to upgrade ram and graphic card planning on buying
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB x2=8 gb ram and
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card will it be compatible with my motherboard

asalikus

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Yes, WR2, I think he should keep his RAM at 4GB if he has one or 2x4 or whatever and have some more money then upgrade it to something better because that card doesn't even run lot of the modern games out there. Jsphhnt2, that card will be garbage in 1-2 years if your planing on gaming (for most of the games). By the way I can't really help you if you don't tell me your Power Supply Unit (PSU) and your monitor's size. If your budget is limited and you don't want best of the best you should get something like HD 7870.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
Your motherboard will support both the 2x4GB ram as long as your Windows is a 64bit version. Also, it has a maximum speed of 1333MHz. Therefore, you will notice a slight lost in performance if your 8GB kit it at 1600MHz or above, this would not matter much, since the performance increase is not quite noticeable in daily usage.

Your motherboard supports PCI-E 2.0 at x16 speed, so a 550Ti is definitely a viable option.
Have fun upgrading your PC. ^_^

jsphhnt2

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012

Hi asalikus & WR2 thank you for replying will check for specifications for psu and monitor ?

so would upgrading graphic card and ram make sense and my budget is limited
upgrading for use of photoshop illustrator coreldraw adobe aftereffects and protools and gaming also.
to work will all these programs I need to upgrade my pc not looking for complete upgrade just
card and ram you can suggest me if I require other changes

asalikus

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Thanks for the B.S. Anyways, you should keep your RAM the way it is right now (4GB right?) and have some money then buy a better card like the one I said before (HD 7870*ish*) because the programs you are talking about need graphical power and so do video games.