[SOLVED] Confused but satisfied?

Jun 9, 2020
So my C drive filled up and so did my D drive with games...so to increase performance I began to clean house and somehow c drive was still basically full...I had gotten rid of every game, and cleaned out temp and emptied trash..I had no pictures or videos...c drive was still full...so I did a factory reset, now immediately after reset both c drive and d drive are a quarter of the way full, I thought maybe this was normal but I went to steam, and to my suprise my games i once downloaded are downloaded and playable!??? How are they here after i did a factory reset?? I chose not to keep my files but have a complete wipe....how are these games still here!?? Did I do something wrong?

Last edited:
Solution
I had a similar idea but went about it differently. I put all my important files on a 256GB USB drive and transferred them to my laptop. I then disconnected my C: drive and did a fresh install on my former D: drive which is my SSD. Once Windows 10 was set up on the new C: drive, I reconnected my HD and removed all the partitions using Windows 10 media creation tool. Once back into Windows, I opened up "disk management" right clicked on my now unformatted D: drive and created a new simple volume. I installed all my Steam games on the larger HD, while keeping about 250GB free on my SSD for CyberPunk 2077. This has improved performance overall and increased storage capacity.
Jun 9, 2020
I was also in the middle of pre installing cyberpunk and after the factory reset, and reinstalling steam, it picked up where I left off in the download...what did I miss during the reset??

Jun 9, 2020
Ah after looking deeper into it I think it's because they were saved onto d drive...so does a factory reset only clean house on c drive? If so how can I do the same to d drive? I just want room to boost performance when I play cyber punk

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
I had a similar idea but went about it differently. I put all my important files on a 256GB USB drive and transferred them to my laptop. I then disconnected my C: drive and did a fresh install on my former D: drive which is my SSD. Once Windows 10 was set up on the new C: drive, I reconnected my HD and removed all the partitions using Windows 10 media creation tool. Once back into Windows, I opened up "disk management" right clicked on my now unformatted D: drive and created a new simple volume. I installed all my Steam games on the larger HD, while keeping about 250GB free on my SSD for CyberPunk 2077. This has improved performance overall and increased storage capacity.

Solution