Question Confusing problem regarding graphics driver and DualSense Edge controller ?

Oct 14, 2024
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but here's the problem.

When I am playing seemingly any game with my DualSense Edge controller plugged in I have an issue where both my monitors disconnect and show 'No display', while the game audio and video audio usually keep playing but sometimes not. I also cannot control the game or pause the video. Then after I restart my computer I have the Windows Basic Display Adapter installed and cannot open Adrenalin and must reinstall the AMD drivers. It has happened multiple times over the past few weeks since I got the DualSense Edge and does not happen when I use my Xbox controller.

System
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700X
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
RAM: 32GB

Affected Games:
Final Fantasy XVI
Red Dead Redemption 2
Metaphor: Refantazio

Let me know if I need to provide any more info.

are you using the dualsense edge with USB plugged in? where is it plugged in? Front panel, motherboard, USB2 or 3, monitor?

BIOS of the motherboard (which one is it?) up to date? which BIOS version is currently installed?

Sep 27, 2024
Check Your PSU: Make sure your power supply unit (PSU) is working properly. Check Your Graphics Card: If your graphics card is faulty, it could be causing the black screen. Change Your Monitor's Response Time Setting: If your monitor's response time is set too high, it could be causing the screen to go black.
Maybe your video cable has come loose or a power connector to the video card is loose. Check all power connections at the devices and at the PSU. If you have another HDMI or Display Port cable, give that a try too.

Oct 14, 2024
are you using the dualsense edge with USB plugged in? where is it plugged in? Front panel, motherboard, USB2 or 3, monitor?

BIOS of the motherboard (which one is it?) up to date? which BIOS version is currently installed?
I just had the same issue with my Xbox controller for the first time but it has happened with both front usb3 ports on the front panel.

2 monitors 1440p 165hz and 1080p 144hz
Motherboard: B450 Gaming Plus Max
Bios Ver.: E7B86AMS.HJ0
Date: 08/16/2023
PSU: 850w

Did I get everything?

MEMOFLEX

Distinguished
I just had the same issue with my Xbox controller for the first time but it has happened with both front usb3 ports on the front panel.

2 monitors 1440p 165hz and 1080p 144hz
Motherboard: B450 Gaming Plus Max
Bios Ver.: E7B86AMS.HJ0
Date: 08/16/2023
PSU: 850w

Did I get everything?
What is the make, model and age of your PSU?

Did you install the motherboard chipset drivers from the manufactures website or did Windows install them?

Oct 14, 2024
What is the make, model and age of your PSU?

Did you install the motherboard chipset drivers from the manufactures website or did Windows install them?
PSU: Gigabyte 850w (GP-P850GM) that I got in July 2021
and I updated the bios last year in September.